Michael Vick 30 for 30

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I've seen much smarter people than Vick rationalize worse. As a native son of the North Georgia mountains I knew a preacher that enjoyed cock fighting; as long as it wasn't on a Sunday!?
Plenty of cockfighting going on in NGA. I see ALOT of a-frames with stakes around.
Man y'all would have to bring up cock fighting........ that's a southern tradition!!!!!

There was a time in GA. Not that many years ago, that if you were caught and charged with cruelty to animals for cock fighting, your case would be thrown out. Chickens were classified as fowl and not animals.

James12

Yes, one could argue.
Do not paint me as a Michael Vick for enjoying the outdoors by fishing and hunting.

No one’s painting you, so don’t jump under the brush. Hunting and fishing done the right way can be argued all day long against all other animal torture, so long as we’re using the harvest as intended (Rise and eat).

SpotandStalk

The bait fish is OK because God gave us dominion over the animals to do what we must in order to feed ourselves. According to your line of thought, even the animals who are killed for the grocery score are tortured. Killing animals for joy does not fall into that department. You are passing a lot of judgment on others you don't know. I've never done either of the other 2 things.

You eat every fish you catch on live bait? How about tournament fishing??

What about the guys wounding mature bucks and "let's pull out and find him in the morning"? LOTS of hunters now days are after horns and not meat.

I'm not passing judgement on anyone. I love hunting and fishing but don't think for one second it's not a violent thing.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Agree it's violent.
Some of us go out of her way to avoid the worst of it, unlike your assertions.
The comparison with Michael Vick's actions is what I am arguing about.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The reason why there is a high percentage of dog attacks from pit bulls is because of high percentage of owners that create a dog that is more likely to attack. Example: kept on short chain, no human interactions etc. I do agree that they are more likely to seriously injure someone if bitten. They tend to lock on when biting. They were bred for bull fighting by the way and not to kill and maim people. I’d say it’s 90% owner and 10% dog. I’ve had pit bulls, bulldogs,dobermans,a Rottweiler,labs. I have never had a dog That was mine turn on me or bite me.
If you believe that, you're an idiot. I've seen a three-year old girl ripped up by a "friendly, lovable for years" family pet. She died. I've been attacked by them for no reason. I had a good friend spent six months in a hospital and almost died because his friend's "friendly, lovable" pitbull attacked him for no reason. While his friend was trying his best to get it off of him. None of these dogs were kept on short chains with no human interaction. They are genetically predisposed to be violent. Period. I used to have this same stupid argument with one of my best friends. He wound up shooting his after it killed his other dog and attacked his wife for no reason one day. Pitbulls are genetic time bombs. You can believe what you want. But it isn't the truth. Statistics tell you the truth.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Agree it's violent.
Some of us go out of her way to avoid the worst of it, unlike your assertions.
The comparison with Michael Vick's actions is what I am arguing about.
I can agree.

SpotandStalk

If you believe that, you're an idiot. I've seen a three-year old girl ripped up by a "friendly, lovable for years" family pet. She died. I've been attacked by them for no reason. I had a good friend spent six months in a hospital and almost died because his friend's "friendly, lovable" pitbull attacked him for no reason. While his friend was trying his best to get it off of him. None of these dogs were kept on short chains with no human interaction. They are genetically predisposed to be violent. Period. I used to have this same stupid argument with one of my best friends. He wound up shooting his after it killed his other dog and attacked his wife for no reason one day. Pitbulls are genetic time bombs. You can believe what you want. But it isn't the truth. Statistics tell you the truth.

I had one that was fine around people but dang near killed my hound dog. After that she became dog aggressive and I just never could trust her. Got rid of her when we got pregnant....My ex wife is still mad about that?

To this day I get nervous when my kid is around any dog but I wont let her around a pit.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
so... how many of you Vick sympathizers would want him married to your daughter???

Crickets.............

He’s good when he’s winning football games for you.

1982ace

I’m not saying that you have not had any bad experiences with them. All I said was I never had problems with any. probably because of the way I raised them. To each it’s own. I say you’re a idiot for having dachshunds held up to your face. I knew someone with a mean one.?

Browning Slayer

So putting a baitfish on a hook, then keeping him on a string until something eats him alive isnt torture?
Nope. And it’s legal.

Not a Felony. Next.

Browning Slayer

Ever made a bad shot and maimed a deer? Watched a tracking dog somebody turned loose latching onto a nearly dead buck?

How about some hog hunters shooting hogs in the gut and letting them run off to die? Taking pics of their kill with guts hanging half out.

Putting a baitfish on a hook in hope of catching a larger fish??

Trapping coyotes??

Ripping or biting the head off a dove that's still alive??

All can be viewed as torture
Still. All legal and not Felonies.

Next.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I’m not saying that you have not had any bad experiences with them. All I said was I never had problems with any. probably because of the way I raised them. To each it’s own. I say you’re a idiot for having dachshunds held up to your face. I knew someone with a mean one.?
Nobody has ever been killed or maimed by one. They'll bite you. They won't kill your neighbors's daughter or grandma after being sweet and loveable for years. Thousands have by pitbulls. :) It's not the way you raise a redbone coonhound that makes it go crazy when it smells a coon, or the way you raise an Australian shepherd that makes it want to herd livestock, or the way you raise a beagle that makes it want to run rabbits. And it ain't a short chain and a lack of human interaction that make pitbulls attack and kill people every day.

Browning Slayer

Hunting, fishing and trapping is being compared to illegal dog fighting, gambling and drug operations..

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That’s how you guys defend Vick..:rofl: :rofl:

Hillbilly stalker

66% of fatal dog attacks are committed by pit bulls. And that's out of 453 different breeds.......That says it all.

dirtnap

Was what he did wrong? Absolutely. But if the worst thing we’ve ever done was broadcast all over the media for the world to see, how many of us wouldn’t be “garbage”?

1982ace

66% of fatal dog attacks are committed by pit bulls. And that's out of 453 different breeds.......That says it all.
So out of all those fatal attacks, it has nothing to do with how they were raised. I find that hard to believe. I’m not trying to talk anyone into getting one or I’m part of some pit bull rights group. I’m just saying what I experienced for myself. Not trying to argue.