is this lil buck sick? updated 6/21

bilgerat

Senior
This little buck had been at the mineral lick every day for the past few weeks, some times more than once a day, he is just a bag of bones, the other deer Ive been getting on cam all look fat and well fed.sick.jpg

Last edited:

DSGB

He ain't looking too good.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
His hair looks slick and uniform. Many times sick animals don’t display that. I don’t think he is sick, just thin.

Jim Boyd

He definitely needs some rice and gravy.

Keep us updated.

We had a winter a few years ago in Illinois and the deer (every one of them) looked like Aushwitz (sp?) victims.

I am pretty sure many died but the following winters, they were better.

Hope he fattens your and makes it.

six

He has some kind of ailment going on. Maybe he will overcome it.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I think he is having some problems , especially if most of the other deer in the area appear to be healthy

Tight Lines

He may be sick or really old. If they live out their lives and die naturally, they get pretty feeble looking, or can...send the pic to the DNR and ask them.

Anthony61

BANNED
I read that does can live up to 20 years in captivity but in the wild life expectancy is much lower than that.

bilgerat

Senior
Hes still hanging in there, still just a bag of bones but not as bad looking as he was .lbob.jpg

Tight Lines

He seems like he is pretty old, kind of hard to tell by his body but his nose is long and grizzled...change your Spartan setting to deliver the higher resolution thumbnail too...that will help with detail...