Son got our target buck using james valley full rut

RedFoxx

I am so happy. Makes it worth all the work and carrying food and checking cameras. Wind was blowing a different way and we have had this buck on camera all summer...he had kind of disappeared and been fighting and running and only stopping by every few days to eat a bite or two and let us know he was still around. My son has been working and not able to go...he went Sunday afternoon and only saw small ones.. the next morning at 7:05 the one we call Big Boy showed back up where my son had sat the afternoon before. This was only about his 3rd time in daylight in two months. Needless to say he was sick about it cause he had to work and was not there.. So yesterday my son took my james valley full rut and started putting lil dabs going down the trail to the stand and the wind was blowing it into the woods behind his stand. This big one came out grunting and looking about 15 yards from his stand and he let her rip.. We have so many trail cam pics of this deer but not a lot in the last couple of weeks cause its been fighting and running.. got a broken brow tine and had a wound on him from fighting...now i want to get the one that beat him up!!... I have killed lots of deer but none make you as happy as it does when your Son gets him.. The smile says it all..

Attachments

• tgdeer.jpg
    tgdeer.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 170
  • STC_0265.JPG
    STC_0265.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 170
  • STC_0633.JPG
    STC_0633.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 170

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Holy cow! He's a brute! :rockon:

RedFoxx

Congrats to your son on an awesome buck!
thanks. Sometimes i think he has a rabbit foot in his pocket or something..I can hunt every day being retired and do not see much and he comes once or twice and gets a big one!! .. He only hunts the swamp and has 2 already on his wall from there and will be adding this one also!!..Anyone know a good taxidermist around coffee or irwin county..someone close enough to drive him to..

Jim Boyd

Niiiiice buck!!!!!!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Goodness that thing is Huge! I bet your enjoying it as much as him! Congrats to you both! :cheers: