One secret to killing more bucks ( the convo that changed my life)

Madsnooker

I talk to God alot but especially from the deer stand. That was a wise man that gave you wise advice and you are wise for following it as well as sharing it here.

Thank you!!! :wink:

ssramage

Thanks for sharing that story. What's amazing to me is that old man took the time to pour a life lesson into you that has stuck with you all of these years. How many times do we ask that question and get a different answer? Instead he saw an opportunity and spoke true life wisdom. I hope I answer those questions the right way if ever asked.

Our church sermon yesterday was basically about giving God access to all areas of your life (preacher mentioned hobbies specifically). My wife looked at me and said that she always appreciated that I did that with hunting. I've always told her that I feel closer to God in the woods hunting that in any church pew I've ever sat in.

Back40hunter

Amen. Thanks for sharing this post! Mr Johnson had some spiritual wisdom, no doubt! I would just add that we not only talk to God continuously but that we try to honor him in all we do. I’ve been hurting for over 50 years and I’ve killed deer for the last 44 years. I only remember two times that I hunted on Sunday and those two were over 35 years ago. It just didn’t feel right. Sunday was the Lord’s day and I knew I needed to honor Him at church! In turn He has blessed me with several fine bucks and many wonderful memories over the years! Put Him first and leave everything to Him. Enjoy His creation! God bless!