Buck named 2 Mile …. er… change that to 6 Mile (and he made it through the season)

Jim Boyd

IMG_4338.pngIMG_20231113_173444849.jpegIMG_20231113_173036696.jpegIMG_20231211_201426588.jpegThe story is long and includes a lot of unanswered questions.

This buck started out with first pics on a small farm we have. As best we could tell, he was there til late summer.

October, he shows up on my buddy’s (neighbor) farm a mile or two away.

He then shows up on our main farm (have video and don’t know how to post) in December

He then shows back up on my buddy’s place again.

3 farms triangulated on a straight line is 5.24 miles - and in truth, who knows where all that joker went.

I do not think he is that old - his body is not that of an old man.

We are not sure where he is right now but we have pics of him after the season was over.

We have some great green fields in and around our main farm, I would not be surprised to find him there these days.

I am betting he shows back up this spring on the mineral station on farm # 1.

We will be watching as he is a big one for our area.

I may more images of him, I will look.

Jim Boyd

Thanks Chuck!

Love that idea but I only went to stand in S.C. 2x this year.

One afternoon I watched a food plot and drank beer.

One afternoon, I bow hunted but did not see one big enough for a shot. Wanted a 120 class doe and only saw 80-90 class

Deer are fairly safe from me!!

Jim Boyd

My buddy just sent me pics of his green fields and they look great.

His place is more or less central to the deers travel path.

Maybe there is a chapter 2!

Long Cut

Nice buck!
He’s probably not that old, seems like the younger bucks can roam but the older they get, the less they seem to travel.
He’s got serious potential if he keeps growing. Good luck with him! Don’t let him keep you up too much lol

Jim Boyd

Nice buck!
He’s probably not that old, seems like the younger bucks can roam but the older they get, the less they seem to travel.
He’s got serious potential if he keeps growing. Good luck with him! Don’t let him keep you up too much lol

I gotta admit, my friends put it together and not me.

I don’t pay close enough attention.

I will watch for him next year!

He has got tines - maybe he can add some mass!

The 62 acre farm he started with us on is split in two. North and south private areas - so maybe we will have some dueling members trying to scarf him up.

That would be a great story!

slow motion

Beautiful buck. Thanks for including us in the story. Good luck to yall and while I truly hope somebody gets to lay hands on him I would also like to hear a continuation of his story.

Jim Boyd

Beautiful buck. Thanks for including us in the story. Good luck to yall and while I truly hope somebody gets to lay hands on him I would also like to hear a continuation of his story.

If we know where he is - you will hear it.

Right here on world famous GON!

Jim Boyd

Now that will make you look forward to next season. Wonder if he sheds his rack in or around your neighbors field.

My neighbor asked the same thing.

I just hope they don’t poke the tractor tires….

davidhelmly

View attachment 1283765View attachment 1283766View attachment 1283767View attachment 1283768The story is long and includes a lot of unanswered questions.

This buck started out with first pics on a small farm we have. As best we could tell, he was there til late summer.

October, he shows up on my buddy’s (neighbor) farm a mile or two away.

He then shows up on our main farm (have video and don’t know how to post) in December

He then shows back up on my buddy’s place again.

3 farms triangulated on a straight line is 5.24 miles - and in truth, who knows where all that joker went.

I do not think he is that old - his body is not that of an old man.

We are not sure where he is right now but we have pics of him after the season was over.

We have some great green fields in and around our main farm, I would not be surprised to find him there these days.

I am betting he shows back up this spring on the mineral station on farm # 1.

We will be watching as he is a big one for our area.

I may more images of him, I will look.
Jim, he has some SERIOUS tine length but I agree with you about him not being an old man. Good luck with him!!

Jim Boyd

Jim, he has some SERIOUS tine length but I agree with you about him not being an old man. Good luck with him!!

We will watch for him, sir.

I have a few ideas but will look primarily where he summered last year.

Best to you and Cindy!

Latest posts