Lil Blackstons FIRST.******* Update *******Kinda long

Blackston

So proud of my little man ! Perfect shot on his first deer I’ll post the details later …. So here’s the story…. As yall know “The Boy” has been taggin along with me before he could walk we’ve killed 4 or 5 deer together, But this year after practicing all summer with his kindergarten graduation gift ( aint that a good excuse ) It was his turn on the gun !!!! We got up early and got in an hour early ( stand is on beans and a bait pile deer is close ) We watched deer on the cell camera while in dark and of course they eased off before he could get on em ( legal shooting light but wasn’t comfortable with him shooting ) ….. Well about 5 min later this girl eases in after what seems like 5 min he says I see her !!!!I ask him can you kill her? He calmly says Yes … I click safety off I ask again “ you got her ?”…… Cool as a fan he says “YES” I say go ahead, He shoots she mule kicks !!!!He says Daddy I just shot my first deer I can’t breathe I’m shaking in my insides!!!!…..We wait 15 min under much begging and pleading to get down …. He leads me to shot sight , and there it is 3 drops of bubbly blood …… so we walk the trail she left on ( so I thought) …. No deer no blood …… we come back to impact sight I bend down and those drops of blood have bone in em I’m gettin a little nervous, we find trail and follow it 35 yds to A big doe with her off side shoulder blowed out ( The 7mm08 reduce recoil performed great) … Me and the boy kneel over his first deer , we talk about her giving her life to feed us , Then with knees down heads bowed hands on her , we pray and thank our creator for this gift….. Man what a MORNING !!!!C7FFF107-9734-4984-837D-67EA8E118678.jpegA1F74BA4-5B24-4D69-811F-0B118787477C.jpegBD901D3E-487A-4F9A-9C50-F70EAC650096.jpegB6B6C6A8-A305-476C-B34B-4E225054237D.jpegCinnamon rolls on a field edge …ITS A GREAT DAY

Last edited:

Jeetdawg

Yes sir!!!! Adding files to that memory bank. Soak it all in and tell him how proud you are of his accomplishment. To this day, I still remember the “first deer” with all of my teenage sons.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to the young man on a fine kill! :rockon: