Gov Kemp signs bill legalizing CVA 40 caliber muzzleloader

Sautee Ridgerunner

I cant believe ga still has a “primitive weapons” or “archery” season anymore. Inlines and crossbows have made both of those terms hilarious.

Ray357

AWOL
Less than five members of this forum use true primitive weapons to hunt with. What most consider primitive are far from it.
You mean my smokeless inline that matches 458 Win Mag velocity/energy ain't primitive.

Seriously, on occasion, I hunt with a percussion Hawken and round ball, but I don't want NO part of flintlock.

flconch53

I was at an aboriginal arts show a couple of years ago and for the states that are having atlatls included in Primitive weapons season the sporting goods companies are pushing carbon fiber darts and atlatls. Sheesh!!

LTFDretired

We should stick together and let folks hunt with whatever is legal. Being divisive is what the antis want, one weapon at a time to take away

lampern

We should stick together and let folks hunt with whatever is legal. Being divisive is what the antis want, one weapon at a time to take away

It was just legalized this year (muzzleloading rifles under 45 caliber-30 cal or larger) for deer. Companies have their lobbyists.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
It was just legalized this year (muzzleloading rifles under 45 caliber-30 cal or larger) for deer. Companies have their lobbyists.

So if everything is based off lobbyists and $ who lobbied to create the 45 rule?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
To support your posts, though, everyone that wants a 50 caliber has one now. So they got to create new demand ?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
When did muzzleloader season start in Ga.
Repeat after me
“Hunter opportunity”
Repeat it until that’s your answer to everything hunting season related

Why do we have WMA’s that are open year round to anything you can imagine instead of actually managed ?
why do we have multiple deer seasons?
Why do we not change seasons/bag limits in the face of overwhelming evidence we need to change them?
Why does deer season last half the year?
Repeat as needed .