Your Favorite Band

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
The Stones. I don’t care about a lotmof their catalog but Exile on Mainstreet, Let it Bleed, Beggar’s Banquet, Sticky Fingers, and a few years later Some Girls are just unreal. I can only think of one other band that has ever come close to putting a string of albums together that good and a lot of people here have never even heard of them but everybody knows The Rolling Stones.

ilbcnu

The Stones. I don’t care about a lotmof their catalog but Exile on Mainstreet, Let it Bleed, Beggar’s Banquet, Sticky Fingers, and a few years later Some Girls are just unreal. I can only think of one other band that has ever come close to putting a string of albums together that good and a lot of people here have never even heard of them but everybody knows The Rolling Stones.
Hey that reminds me of Exile the band. They were pretty good if I recall along with nitty gritty, Steve miller

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Never made a bad album. If you’ve never been to the Allman Brothers Museum in Macon you really ought to go.

One Way Out with Duane and Dickie trading licks is the living end. :rockon:

jbogg

Unfair question. Like asking who’s my favorite child.:). All the southern bands with Skynyrd at the top of the list. After Born to Run came out, we were huge Springsteen fans as well. Not so much these days. For the past five or 10 years I can’t get enough of Chris Knight, Tyler Childers… and now a little love for the home team. My nephews band “The Stews” is getting some traction. They will be appearing at the Bonnaroo music festival next month.

HermanMerman

Unfair question. Like asking who’s my favorite child.:). All the southern bands with Skynyrd at the top of the list. After Born to Run came out, we were huge Springsteen fans as well. Not so much these days. For the past five or 10 years I can’t get enough of Chris Knight, Tyler Childers… and now a little love for the home team. My nephews band “The Stews” is getting some traction. They will be appearing at the Bonnaroo music festival next month.

I have a favorite child too. I won’t say which one, but I definitely have a favorite!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Molly Hatchet another one of my favorite southern rock bands. Their version of Dreams I'll never see is incredible along with many other songs. Fall of the Peacemakers, Gator Country.....
Don't forget Edge of Sundown, Sweet Dixie, and Boogie No More. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Just depends on my mood,Skynyrd,Marshall Tucker,Allman Brothers,AC/DC, Drive By Truckers w/ Isbell.
DBT was a great band, definitely one of my favorites. The best incarnations were the Southern Rock Opera era, and the era following that with Shonna Tucker and Isbell in the band. The Mike Cooley songs have always been my favorites.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Not my favorite band but a Southern Rock band that doesn’t get enough love is Cowboy. Scott Boyer played in Greg Allman’s solo band and he sang and played rhythm guitar for Cowboy. The song Please Be With Me alone is worth checking them out. I used to play and sing it a lot and am working it back in to my rotation of songs.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
DBT is still a stellar live band but their most recent albums aren’t for me for the most part. They went way, way too political and have never really recovered. Patterson Hood has tried to slow walk some of that stuff back. I think he regrets being so shrill about it but their more recent music just isn’t as strong.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
DBT is still a stellar live band but their most recent albums aren’t for me for the most part. They went way, way too political and have never really recovered. Patterson Hood has tried to slow walk some of that stuff back. I think he regrets being so shrill about it but their more recent music just isn’t as strong.
Exactly my opinion. The last time I saw them live was nothing like the energy of their older shows.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member