Your Favorite Band

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I’m in the same boat… I love all of the above. I just have a definitive band that I can point to and say “they are GOAT’s.”
Zep was good, but they borrowed from a lot of great bands, and inspired a lot of great bands. There is no GOAT, IMO.

HermanMerman

It's actually a difficult question for me because I really like all kinds of music.

Fact of the matter is, though.. Pink Floyd is my favorite. Their lyrics are timeless. The melodies are unforgettable. Yeah, they were far out there sometimes, but they undeniable were lightyears ahead of bands during their time and, honestly, even some of the bands today.

Pink Floyd is up there… Animals was my favorite album of their’s.

HermanMerman

Zep was good, but they borrowed from a lot of great bands, and inspired a lot of great bands. There is no GOAT, IMO.

They certainly borrowed some stuff. Lead vocals always tilted my preference one way or the other, a lot like you mentioned Rush earlier. I could listen to Robert Plant all day long.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Too many to name. Just from the hip, The Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blackberry Smoke, Driveby Truckers, Whiskey Myers, Turnpike Troubadours, Government Mule.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Iron Maiden comes to mind, but my favorite may change from day to day. And there is no GOAT. If there were, it might be either Elvis Presley or Micheal Jackson.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If you only want one it is the Eagles. I love southern rock too and their is a few in that bunch.
The Eagles had the potential to be a really good band. The musical talent was definitely there. They had asome good songs, especially early on, but then they discovered they could get rich playing that vanilla elevator music, and went in a sucky direction that wasted a couple awesome guitar players. "Outlaw Man" was an indication of the band they could have been.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
The Stones. I don’t care about a lotmof their catalog but Exile on Mainstreet, Let it Bleed, Beggar’s Banquet, Sticky Fingers, and a few years later Some Girls are just unreal. I can only think of one other band that has ever come close to putting a string of albums together that good and a lot of people here have never even heard of them but everybody knows The Rolling Stones.

ilbcnu

The Stones. I don’t care about a lotmof their catalog but Exile on Mainstreet, Let it Bleed, Beggar’s Banquet, Sticky Fingers, and a few years later Some Girls are just unreal. I can only think of one other band that has ever come close to putting a string of albums together that good and a lot of people here have never even heard of them but everybody knows The Rolling Stones.
Hey that reminds me of Exile the band. They were pretty good if I recall along with nitty gritty, Steve miller