Here we go again...

specialk

rosewood

Not it. Mine isn't affected. :)

Rosewood

Robert28

I don’t understand how they can make the G2c and G3c reliable but struggle with everything else they make.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
People will never learn that Taurus is a poor firearms company.
Never owned one, never will. About everybody I know who has hasn't been happy.

rosewood

I have to admit, their fit and finish has never been that great. But I own probably 6-8 of them and no real complaints.

The TX22 and GX4 are some of the best finished firearms I have seen especially in the budget price range. All of my Taurus have been 100% reliable.

Rosewood

rosewood

And Sig, whom I absolutely love their metal guns, my P220 is probably my favorite handgun of all time, has struggled with the same issue Taurus has with the GX4, discharging while dropping. Now, the question is, has Taurus had any real experiences with it or is this just a pro-active recall? Sig had law suits associated with their issue I believe.

All mass produce companies have issues now and again. How well they take care of it is what separates them.

Rosewood

Jester896

Senior Clown
recalling your .40S&W and replacing it with a 9mm still doesn't sit well. I might try a revo if I came across one cheap in stainless .357.

rosewood

recalling your .40S&W and replacing it with a 9mm still doesn't sit well. I might try a revo if I came across one cheap in stainless .357.
I was actually fine with that. The PT140 was my "trunk" gun for my KLR650. Thing kicked way harder than I cared for. They swapped it out for the 9mm G2C and I was pleased with the results. I am a big 40 fan, but I do not like them in light subcompact plastic guns.

But that recall was optional. I could have kept the PT140. It never gave me any trouble.

Rosewood

rosewood

rosewood

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Half Georgian too.....
Locals due the grunt work, Brazil makes the design and marketing decisions and collect the revenue.

rosewood

Locals due the grunt work, Brazil makes the design and marketing decisions and collect the revenue.
Much like our federal government...except China.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Reactions: Dub

transfixer

as far as I can remember I've never owned a Taurus pistol, I've owned one or two Taurus revolvers many years ago, kinda hard to mess one of those up ,,, the biggest thing keeping me from buying a TX22 is their reputation for issues, they have figured out how to make mediocre guns very cheaply, and the result is quality control issues from time to time, whether it is materials quality, or design flaws, I will not trust one! I for sure would not trust one as my defense weapon , but then there are quite a few car brands I refuse to buy and drive also , so I guess I have standards ? lol