Morning RogerB!!!! you gonna be at Jim's this time to????:biggrin3:

whiz

:flag::flag:

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 460

BigJim Bow

Ok, we are doing some serious mowing and cleanup. Wish it was a little warmer. Have had a couple of volunteers come by to help and have shure apreciated the help. Mike Sheffield has been working on the running deer target and we are hoping that it will actually run for this shoot.
Barbara has been on the tractor bushhoggin and I don't think I ever seen her so happy cuttin grass!

Only problem is that the place has grown up pretty thick and I think I may have lost my pruning shears! oh well, I know how much trad shooters like a challenge. Maybe I will find them before saturday.

Look forward to seeing ya'll here.
BigJim

RogerB

Gone but not Forgotten
You threw them pruning shears away two years ago!! But that's ok I got a set (Gold Tip brand I think). :rofl:

Jake Allen

Please pardon my ignorance but what are the criteria for primitive division?

I am assuming the rules will follow most of the other big shoots. (Someone correct this please).

Bow: No man made materials, (i.e. fiberglass, carbon or such)
String: Any material
Arrows: Wood or Cane (no aluminum, carbon or fiberglass)
Feathers, self or plastic nocks, bone or steel field points
No elevated rests, sights or release aids (of course)

TNGIRL

nope the chief is gona be gone on vacation.
I'll miss his attacking me on the trail this year!!!:rofl:
You threw them pruning shears away two years ago!! But that's ok I got a set (Gold Tip brand I think). :rofl:
I've got several sets Roger!!!!!! Whew!!!! might need to get there early for a little trimmage!!!!:rofl:
Please pardon my ignorance but what are the criteria for primitive division?
Ben, I sure hope that means you'll come and shoot with us!!!!!:fine::fine::fine:
I sure can't wait for it....Jim could you turn the AC up while we're there?????:banana:

Barry Duggan

There's sure to be plenty of hot air circulating at BJim's without turning the a/c up...and turning it down won't help either.

whiz

canoe shoot?
archery golf ?
:flag:

BigJim Bow

No canoe shoot this time. We don't have enough people to run it and didn't have enough interrest last time to do it again. Besides, someone's lible to shoot our pet gator by mistake thinking he's a target.
Set the stakes on the first course yesterday. Wow, it's a jungle out there! don't worry, you can see the targets, well most of them.
I have even started crouching down to see what it looks like for all of you vertically challenged archers. Don't remember the last time I had seen the world from that height. I can certainly see why alot of you thought I was being cruel. lol

bigjim
BigJim

TNGIRL

No canoe shoot this time. We don't have enough people to run it and didn't have enough interrest last time to do it again. Besides, someone's lible to shoot our pet gator by mistake thinking he's a target.
Set the stakes on the first course yesterday. Wow, it's a jungle out there! don't worry, you can see the targets, well most of them.
I have even started crouching down to see what it looks like for all of you vertically challenged archers. Don't remember the last time I had seen the world from that height. I can certainly see why alot of you thought I was being cruel. lol

bigjim
BigJim

I admit I am certainly vertically challenged Jim....so any help attall is appreciated!!!!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:We'll see you early Sat morning!!!!!

BigJim Bow

Stick-n-string and Mike were out again today working on the course. They have been great help and are planning on coming back for some more punishment.
I can only guess, but I'm expecting a sizeable turnout for this weekend. I have gotten a few calls and emails from out of state'ers that plan on attending too. There should be plenty of heat to go around for everyone. lol. Those that shoot early will probably do more bush trimming than I have done, but i guess I don't have it in my heart to set up a boring course. It is really not that bad, but I do love to hear ya'll complain.

BigJim

stick-n-string

Let me tell you guys, this shoot ain't for the faint of heart! But it will be allot of fun! I personally love a challege, and jim has definetly put us up to the challenge!

BigJim Bow

Don't scare them away s-n-t. I need to sell some arrows. Just kidding. Truth be known, I had to tell my help that we had to relax the shots just a little so everybody comes back. See, it's not just me! But I do think that we should have a class where all trad guys shoot from the compound stakes!!! If yer sceered say yer sceered.

All in the name of fun, BigJim