Easy no. 2

Jimmypop

I got my second buck this morning in the fog after a 30 minute sit . My goal for this year was to get 2, 2 1/2 yr. old bucks as early as possible.And maybe a small doe later. It took about 3 1/2 hours in 3 sits to get the bucks. After I work this one up I'll count packages and decide about a doe. After the shooting stops my buddy helps me get it in the cooler.

Attachments

• 7153.jpeg
    7153.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_20211023_085433543.jpg
    IMG_20211023_085433543.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_20211023_084649956.jpg
    IMG_20211023_084649956.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 389

slow motion

I got my second buck this morning in the fog after a 30 minute sit . My goal for this year was to get 2, 2 1/2 yr. old bucks as early as possible.And maybe a small doe later. It took about 3 1/2 hours in 3 sits to get the bucks. After I work this one up I'll count packages and decide about a doe. After the shooting stops my buddy helps me get it in the cooler.
Congratulations sir. Nice buck.

wvdawg

Staff member
Good season - congrats!

Dupree

I’ve never heard someone say that they wanted to kill two 2yr olds, although before tag requirements changed I knew a fella that wanted to kill two yearling bucks because “they were better to eat”. Congrats

buckmanmike

Great hunting. Be sure to take your camera when the MONSTER buck walks by while doe hunting. Thats why I have only filled both buck tags in 10 years. What if????

buckpasser

Good job! I’m also curious about your goal. Is the 2.5 year old buck the superior quantity:quality meat deer to you?

Jimmypop

Deer are like any other animal that you buy for meat at the grocery store.... chicken , beef , pork , turkey , fish , whatever comes from young animals , not from old bulls, boars or roosters. To me, a 1 1/2 year old is best followed by a 2 1/2 year old which produces more meat for the effort. This year I'm trying to get enough meat to last without killing does. More bang for the buck so to speak , or do I have that backwards?