#1 food you will never eat.

27metalman

Goat Nose & Boiled Okra. I've been told you have eat from a bowl cause it won't stay on a plate.

krizia829

Never had cow tongue until recently. It was as a Korean joint. Thin cut. Like chipped. Couldn’t tell the difference between that and any of the other meats.

Not sure how you had it.
It was cooked in a pressure cooker in chunks with a mixture of other things. Kinda like a stew, but there was something about it that just gave me the feeling that it was something other than what I thought I was eating. It was chewy, I can see the little bumps, some pieces tougher than others, etc. I've been disgusted ever since lol

Redbow

Snails, Possum, and raw fish for 3 foods that I will never eat. There are others.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Snails, Possum, and raw fish for 3 foods that I will never eat. There are others.
Never had possum so 2 out of 3 ain't bad

Big7

The Oracle
It was cooked in a pressure cooker in chunks with a mixture of other things. Kinda like a stew, but there was something about it that just gave me the feeling that it was something other than what I thought I was eating. It was chewy, I can see the little bumps, some pieces tougher than others, etc. I've been disgusted ever since lol
I bet you do see a lot of beef tongue in Florida. Especially in way South Florida. A lot of cultures and ethnic groups think of it as a delicacy. Same with lamb and goat tongue.

It is also one of the more expensive parts of the animal.

But about those bumps, you ain't supposed to see those. The tongue should be parboiled and then peeled like a banana. It's zero fat lean so don't expect it to add or soak up any flavors.

krizia829

I bet you do see a lot of beef tongue in Florida. Especially in way South Florida. A lot of cultures and ethnic groups think of it as a delicacy. Same with lamb and goat tongue.

It is also one of the more expensive parts of the animal.

But about those bumps, you ain't supposed to see those. The tongue should be parboiled and then peeled like a banana. It's zero fat lean so don't expect it to add or soak up any flavors.
Yeah I don't think my dad knew about the bumps when he prepared it lol

Down here there's lots of weird things people eat because of the many different cultures. I've heard of alligator tongue too (I wouldn't try it though)

I've tried kangaroo jerky. Very good!

There's a store down here (Not sure if they have it anywhere else. Never checked) it's called Wild Fork. They sell all types of meats. Exotic species and everything. It's really neat!