10mm guns

Robust Redhorse

You really have to look around to find factory 10mm ammo loaded anywhere close to the 10mm's potential.

For some reason, most ammo manufacturer's keep the 10mm down to performing much like a 40 S&W.

Look at the ballistics for Underwood, Buffalo Bore and Double Tap compared to the ammo from better known companies and you will see more of what the 10mm is capable of.

Reactions: Dub

rosewood

Fondled a XD 10mm with 5.25"bbl yesterday. It is quite nice, good trigger too. Might make it to my short list in future. Fiber optic front and bomar adjust on back.

Dub

Years back had a G20 that was a nice performer with the ammo I was ordering from Double Tap.

Great stuff.

Got expensive to shoot. I let the Glock go figuring I could always get another just like it someday.

Finally getting my reloading gear purchased and will be setting up soon. 10mm is one of the cartridges that interests me the most.
I’ll be able to make hunting grade ammo for reasonable prices.

I’ve made a few decisions on which 10mm gun/s I want to start with, too. They will be 1911 models.

Really looking forward to the fun ahead.

The reason for the 10mm being loaded tepid is due to the early Glocks.
In 1990, the 200gr max load of Acc#7 was 12.2gr for 1,200fps. I was loading exactly that in Norma brass for my S&W 1006.
A young man I taught to shoot in early ‘80’s went to Iraq in Desert Storm. When he returned, he was cash strapped and offered to sell me his M20 Glock.

I fired 3rds. Third round blew out the magazine on the ground, and the slide release departed the frame. My right hand had powder burns. Inspection of the fired cases revealed that two of the cases had blown out in the case head area. Third had the now famous “Glock Smile”. I didn’t have a use for the gun and sold it.
The next issues of loading data from Accurate, Hornady, Speer, Hodgdons, and others had reduced 10mm data by at least 10-15%.
Glock refused to acknowledge the issue, but has subsequently changed the feed ramps and chamber cuts to better accommodate the 10mm case head design.

pacecars

Wow. You really have a bad 10 mm habit!:shoot:

And just because you can never have too many 10mms I am picking this one up and will use it on a pig or deer

Attachments

• 3C1C758B-2A40-4F90-A414-26E7074288E2.jpeg
    3C1C758B-2A40-4F90-A414-26E7074288E2.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 13