12v external battery for tactacams

Slave601

Looking into setting up an external battery for a few of my tactacams because some of them get no light at all and running solar is not an option. I looked at some of the herd 360 boxes and I’m going to go that route. Question is how long will those batteries run? I usually leave my cameras on picture every 4 mins if something triggers it and upload to phone once or sometimes twice a day. Anyone that’s running external batteries chime in if you have any help tips or pointers. Thanks

sghoghunter

I think the way I upload pics and the time frame from pic to pic mine should last a good while from what I’m reading

Maybe so. Make sure you also put in AA’s in the camera just for backup if the cord gets unplugged. The app won’t read the voltage level of the external battery so when the app shows anything less than 100% the external battery is dead

You can make your one also just need the chew proof cords from herd 360. Amazon has the Plano .30 caliber plastic ammo cans for like 10$. I have 7 and got my buddies using 6 and another using 2. I mine been out for two months instant send settings and delays been on 1 min. Or less. Total cameras 15 TACTACAMs all still showing 100 percent battery. I’m using 12 volt 15 ah mighty max batteries and 12 volt 12 ah mighty max batteries also from Amazon. Love the setup. Make sure you secure the power cord where it can’t be pulled out of the camera and secure it around the tree so coons can’t drag it off..

Slave601

I
You can make your one also just need the chew proof cords from herd 360. Amazon has the Plano .30 caliber plastic ammo cans for like 10$. I have 7 and got my buddies using 6 and another using 2. I mine been out for two months instant send settings and delays been on 1 min. Or less. Total cameras 15 TACTACAMs all still showing 100 percent battery. I’m using 12 volt 15 ah mighty max batteries and 12 volt 12 ah mighty max batteries also from Amazon. Love the setup. Make sure you secure the power cord where it can’t be pulled out of the camera and secure it around the tree so coons can’t drag it off..
I’ll definitely be copying that set up!

Herd360 sells the whole kit, then just get yours batteries on Amazon.
Yeah they do when they have them in stock every tome I needed one when I was building my 15 they didn’t have them in stock. So I did it on my own. Same stuff