18 hours and counting: 2020 SC Season Kicks Off

Jim Boyd

Certainly not gloating and this may not enthuse some GA folks but the opener for a good bit of SC starts in the am.

There will be some great velvet bucks taken this weekend, many of which will get popped in and around tillable fields.

Good luck to all folks that pursue deer, regardless of state!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Go get 'em, Jim! Have fun and be safe out there! I want to see a pic of a bruiser in the coming days.

:cheers:

MFOSTER

BANNED
Good luck Jim I quit bow hunting ga because of heat.i can imagine it’s unbearable in aug.

ShortMagFan

I used to hunt the low country opener in SC every year. Too hot for my taste. In the piedmont of SC I quit bow hunting (Sept 15-30) for the same reason and have hunted plenty the first week of October in 90 degree plus temps. My son killed his best buck in early October a couple of years wearing shorts

Good luck and don’t forget your water bottle and thermacell!

Jim Boyd

I hunted in estill one time with buck run outfiiters, by far was the worst outfitter i have ever used, the area was pretty though.

I am a ways from Estill but the areas are structured in much the same manner.

Jim Boyd

Go get 'em, Jim! Have fun and be safe out there! I want to see a pic of a bruiser in the coming days

Thanks Silver Britches!

I am not likely to shoot one - don’t think I have taken a buck in SC for 4-5 years now.

Yes to all of you, it is hot.

It is relative, though. I hunted the bow season opener in Ga for decades and it was always (at least back then) the 3rd Saturday in September.

90 degree temps were the norm.

Not much difference between 90 and 95 (some years, I have gone to stand at 100).

At any rate, if you want to hunt you do and if you don’t want to - you don’t.

This is definitely a crepuscular game this time of year.

Jo is not coming down so I will be cutting trees in the yard of the new farm, doing some bush hogging and hunting a bit in the afternoons and maybe a little but in the mornings.

Best of luck to all!

Jim Boyd

This is from several years ago but this is what can happen....

Peanut field / before and after.

205 lbs if I recall correctly.

Watched him 10 mins and popped him at 200 yards.

Never dragged him, pulled up with FEL, rolled him in the bucket and took him to barn.

Looking for some Nature time more than anything.

6C75EAEA-0D31-417F-8A19-E572B177D260.jpeg2DBA3937-C2B6-4BA2-84E9-E51E4B7B32CB.jpeg