1960's when I learned to knap

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Here's a couple from the 60's.

repothree.jpg

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
1960's

Couple homemade arrows I used for rabbit hunting in the 1960's. Easy to see the one has had it's resharpenings.

arrowheads.jpg

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
1960's

Couple made from chert found on Honeymoon Island Fl. I made the 3" one on the left, and a friend made the one on the right.

honeymoon.jpg

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
1960's

I really like this point, and my daughter did too. She has it in a frame. I found this material in a layer of limerock when the Florida State Fairground was being built in Tampa.
It's a reproduction of a Kirk point. Back in the 60's all my point were made of raw materials, we hadn't got into heat altering yet.

exoticrepro.jpg

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
1960's

It was in the late 60's a friend and I working for the Telephone co, were sitting under the Cass St bridge in Tampa. I noticed a large log in the edge of the water that had petrified. I took a ground rod coupling and knocked a piece off. I had a nice 8 inch spear made. 'Then decided to tweek it a bit more. Broke and wound up with a shorter version. Tools, Ground rod coupling and a telephone fuse with copper tips.

palm-1.jpg

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I really like that speckled material. Never seen any like that.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
1960's

Believe me Nick, I looked for more of it, but heavy equipment covered the place up too fast. It has lots of faults as you can see the straight lines. Worked like obsidian.

Nugefan

very cool .....

Redbow

Very nice, I think that speckled arrowhead is the prettiest I have ever seen !

bigox911

Really nice pictures and points!