JT, Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree. 18 years strong, but different II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Rolling on!

We have folks in trees and blinds all over the country right now and more are checking in daily. Many many of the OGs and a whole bunch of new hunters and followers. Man it’s been great apart and November is just now kicking! A lot of people are just now getting fired up yet we’ve already had a handful of great bucks and does killed. We expect that to only grow from here.

Bubba and John have been in southern Illinois at the somewhat new farm for a couple weeks now. We are still learning it, but it’s solid and only getting better. I was here for a couple days at the start of this and have finally broken free from work and am ready to ride!

Bubba and I leave here Sunday to hook up with Steve at Kansas Farmland Outfitters for what seems like the 10th year straight although that’s probably off a bit but it’s been a bunch. :bounce: John stays here a little longer and then follows us out the following week.

Get some sleep people cause there’s a bunch of killers that’ll be in the woods in the morning!!

See y’all in the am

If you want to catch up, here’s the start of this years Live From The Tree https://forum.gon.com/threads/jt-bu...the-tree-18-yrs-strong-but-different.1045048/

gutterman

Up making a plan. I had a shooter at 70 yards last night. Just couldn’t close the deal. Ended up seeing 15 doe and three bucks. Last day in IL for a while. It is a warm 40 this morning with a slight south breeze and headed to 67. Not what we would like, but gonna be in a tree anyway.
Good luck to all!

slow motion

Im thinking its officially on now as The Godfather is gonna be in a tree this morning. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Headed in to same place as yesterday PM. If they follow script from yesterday they will be about 75 yards away. Much too far for a shot but I'm hoping for a deviation. Either way it's gonna be a fine morning. Stealing somebody's line but aim small miss small.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Back on stand!

I’m in a ladder at a point of woods that juts into a huge cut corn field. I have a pond 30 yards in front of me and over grown opening between us. Hardwoods behind me that rise pretty steeply.

It was 33 at the truck with a light south wind in my right eye.

Just now breaking light. Good luck boys and girls!

IMG_4481.pngIMG_4482.jpeg

shadow2

No svc last night. I was down in a bottom. But it was a heck of a sit. 8 doe, 5 bucks including a beautiful up and comer that hung around for 45min after running in to some rattling. I was not even able to get the horns down and phone up before he was all up in my business.

I shot a big doe early and 3 of thr 5 bucks that came in afterwards stood over her at some point. The dead deer never phased them.

Oh, there were cows less that 150yds from me….if the farm has cows all the time, the deer get used to them.

I’m back in the blind on the N side of a cedar/ hedge thicket. Short sit this AM, I have to take the nanner head in.

Status
Not open for further replies.