JT, Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree. 18 years strong, but different III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Here we go! Part 3 of this wild ride is coming in hot. Literally hot! Altho November rolled in as promised with a cold and perfect weather, it rolled out quickly and left most of the country under a heat wave that Al Gore would be proud of.

Bubba and I are in the middle of week 1 in Kansas with Steve and family at Kansas Farmland Outfitters while John is still in IL trying to make the best of it. But he @jcooley380 is heading here soon and he likes to kill stuff!

Too many to name, but folks are in trees and blinds all over the Midwest and south and all are slowing coming up for air on the heatwave that’s pushing out. Some of you are seeing strong rut activity and others are just seeing early stages and others are just hoping to see a deer!

Then there’s the huge number of people following from work or recliner or supper table or sitting in the truck on break or ehhhh the toilet. Y’all chime in when you can.

Middle November, here we come!

Go here to catch up on II

slow motion

Back at motel. Gonna pick off cuckleburrs, prep coffee, shower, and call Sweet Thang. My views and for those concerned I need healthier snacks. Also didn't realize at the time trail cam caught my lone sighting of a non squirrel this eve.20231108_153906.jpg 20231108_153913.jpg20231108_153920.jpg20231108_153935.jpgScreenshot_20231108-191233_Tactacam REVEAL.jpg20231108_160637.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Loaded back up and heading back down to the farm tomorrow, had to come home and put fires out with work.

Hunt tomorrow and Friday, might get Saturday morning in but then running to Athens for the Georgia game.

Good luck Scott. Make it happen man!!! Well if you get the opportunity. Otherwise you can’t make it happen :rofl:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Bubba ended up seeing 3 10s and an 8 and a handful of does. The 8 was just ok antler wise but was a mature old beast with a tank body. 2 of the 10s gave him a shot and one was the solid buck in this video that is a nice 4 yr old. The other 10 was probably the one I had at 40 yards Monday morning. He needs an arrow but was out of range.

Last edited:

flatwoods

Good morning people!
Day 12 or so here. I'm a little tired but this wind feels good this morning.
Gonna have to be something for me to want to drag it out of one of these ditches.
North wind is going to have me on a field this morning. Should have better service
Back after eggs and coffee.
Good luck today everybody!

GAbuckhunter88

We are here and settled. I’m sitting where three long food plots come together with swamp at two ends.

I got my buddy set it a ground blind on a new field I cleared on the edge of a swamp surrounded by old nasty cutover. A lot of does use that area so hoping it brings out a good buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.