JT, Bubba & Friends Live From The Tree. 18 yrs strong, but different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Gonna call it an evening.

Heading back to camper for a beef stew over rice that Bubba so kindly put in the crockpot. Maybe a cold adult beverage or 3 and some Steelers n Titans.

Thanks to all of you for making this thing what it is. Cannot believe I’m finally here. Been seriously messing with my mind being this far behind.

Gotta make a plan and relax.

Y’all be careful climbing and driving. Later.

AJLBucks

Well I posted Monday that I just learned the property I’ve hunted since I was old enough to carry a knife following along behind my dad(I thought I was big stuff) sold and my rights to hunt were unknown. I got the word today that I could hunt,BUT he has already given some other people permission to hunt. It is only 60 acres and has 6 chicken houses on it, so really only about 30-35 huntable acres. That news was like a punch in the throat. So Saturday my son in law and I will hunt (I was told they wouldn’t be there) and I’ll pull 4 ladder stands and a climber. I’ve killed some decent NWGA deer off of it and have so many memories. I did acquire permission to hunt a large tract of land, 600 acres, that only 2 people have permission but they can take people. So this year I have to hunt with a chaperone, but he is in the process of purchasing it and said we will make a 4 person club next year. I’m scouting tomorrow and will be setting up stand locations next week. The good thing is, this guy is ready to go hunting at the drop of a hat. So I won’t have to worry about not being able to go. Happy trails and good luck to everyone. This cold here has got me itching to get out.

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpeg
    IMG_0054.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 19

gutterman

Well…. My wife reminded me before I left Ga., that I have been in the deer woods the last 31 years of my birthdays! And not with her of course. I have been really close several of those 31 years and tonight was one of them. Back at camp now, crying with an adult beverage. BUT… Man I love this stuff!!

flatwoods

Late to the party but put the phone down in case something should need my attention.
It didn't.
18 or 20 deer. Two small bucks and an unknown grunt close by.
Back at it tomorrow.

Side note. I picked up a small piece this year for a friend a few miles from mine and he has been running a camera since August.
Only had 4 or 5 pics. One small buck.
Man he has been whining!
I thought it looked good.
He sat there tonight and saw 4 bucks and 15 or 20 does. He's happy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.