JT, Bubba & Friends Live From The Tree. Changes and Challenges V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Part IV is closing in on the 1000 post rule and yep I've got an unanticipated extra few days in a tree coming up so let's get part V started right now!

As always we've got folks all over the SE and Midwest trying to make sumn happen....even if it's only memories, which ain't a bad thing. Lots and lots of great deer have been killed this season!

As the title suggests, 2022 Live From The Tree has been riddled with Changes and Challenges for not only me, but many of us. Course that's the way everyday life is and we gotta do what we gotta do.

I got the call from my brother back on Saturday Nov 12 that momma had moved on. She'd been in bad health for a couple of years and dementia had fully taken her mind in the last year while she was living with my brother. We got her laid to rest this past Monday in a very small but perfect service. I know it's cliche, but yeah she's in a better place now. Thanks again for the literally hundreds of comments, texts, calls and private messages here, FB and IG. It's all appreciated.

I've also been running back and forth to work with a new position and for the 1st time in approximately 16 years I've worked a day in November. 1zt world problems I know, but it's been very strange.

John and Bubba will be in the woods a bit over the next week too, but we all know they ain't posting much and add to it that the IL farm has bad service, this may be more challenging than worth it, but I'm gonna give it a go!

Y'all be safe and have a blast tomorrow. My plan is to be in a tree Sunday afternoon at the latest.

Later

20221106_130052.jpg

slow motion

Good luck Jim, Bubba, and John. Everybody else too. I won't be back until sometime during 2nd firearm. Down in the FL. Panhandle with my lady currently trying to get some quality time. Managed to catch a few fish today too. Small but still beats working.

20221125_123447.jpg

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I was skunked this afternoon. Making up for it with some pig loin taters and onions..325D99EC-C868-45B7-8EAD-BF13578C0E5B.jpeg

uturn

My week is coming to a close quick…funky weather like most everyone else who took time off to chaseum!!

Not sure if I’ll get out tomorrow shows 100% chance of rain so today may be it…60, NE wind drizzle and fog again this mornin..perfect right!

Congratulations again everyone…be safe y’all and good luck!

And, thanks for rolling one more out JT!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I’m in my Powerline and little slayer is strapped in to a lock on. Got to get down by 10 and head to another camp in Upson county. Good luck all!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Good luck Jim, Bubba, and John. Everybody else too. I won't be back until sometime during 2nd firearm. Down in the FL. Panhandle with my lady currently trying to get some quality time. Managed to catch a few fish today too. Small but still beats working.

View attachment 1192783
Don't drop him lol. Oh wait that's a short, feel free to drop him

flatsmaster

I’m glad to see some of y’all are still after it and even happier to see some of the most important part of the Flats crew survived 1st firearm and got to enjoy thanksgiving …
1. R.I.P. Rest In Peace
2. Hoops
3. Browser
4. Mr Clean
A couple of pics not the best my buddy taking a pic of pic on computer but I’m ok with it … glad to know there still around at the moment ….Y’all get to killing !!! D2A39000-A70A-427B-B693-40E54481C6F3.jpegBDA41852-74EF-492C-A95F-09C466D17E10.jpeg3F747A74-75FC-4373-BF01-7E2B9D4CABB2.jpegF7CEB8B7-7FD6-4A31-977F-B38EE77D6492.jpeg

talisman

I’m glad to see some of y’all are still after it and even happier to see some of the most important part of the Flats crew survived 1st firearm and got to enjoy thanksgiving …
1. R.I.P. Rest In Peace
2. Hoops
3. Browser
4. Mr Clean
A couple of pics not the best my buddy taking a pic of pic on computer but I’m ok with it … glad to know there still around at the moment ….Y’all get to killing !!! View attachment 1192825View attachment 1192826View attachment 1192827View attachment 1192828
That one by the creek has some great mass

bulletjig

Decided to just slow stalk up the hooch with the wind in my face and saw some movement on the other side of river so I froze and was just glassing because it’s not our property. Turns out to be a cow so as I was watching I hear a grunt and yeah 20 feet in front of me is a 8 and 7pt on a hot doe. They all 3 spot me but continue about their business like I wasn’t even there and when they started chasing again I see 2 more bucks joining in but couldn’t make them out. What a cool thing to see. Fixing to move up a little more.

jimbar

Bilgerat, our place is 4 miles north of River Creek. We're seeing quite a few new scrapes the last week or so but haven't seen any chasing so far. My Granddaughter killed her first racked buck the day before Thanksgiving. Really proud of her she just started hunting by herself.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1669479559427.jpg
    FB_IMG_1669479559427.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.