JT, Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree. 18 years strong, but different III

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosco772001

Yes it has the brake and yes I was holding it down to keep the click out, but what I didn’t pay attention to is I have the R26X which has a silent crank anyway.
Jim

What made the decision on the 26?

I am looking at Ravins to replace my old Parker.

Right now, the 10, 26 and 29 are what I am looking at.

Apparently the 10 is longer than the 26 and 29?

Speed does not really concern me that much, my Parkers were rated 330 and 380 and I never saw a single deer flinch before the arrow got there. If they did, I could not see it.

The 10’s are less expensive but I want to buy once and cry once.

My 70 year old brother is buying my current Parker and my bride green lighted the Ravin…. (he will

Roscoe don’t listen to me … I have the original R9 so probably totally different
Jake can stack them at 100 with it though
He’s killed some turkeys with it and so buddies killed a few deer … not used much but deadly
My boys shoot the r 29 its super compact and. Shoots 425 fr per second . I can't even see the bolt until it hits the target . I believe the 29 x shoots 25 ft per second faster and may be a touch slimmer . The 29x does come with silent cocking . I don't think you can go wrong with the 26 29 or 29x . All about what fits you the best . And are insanely fast .

With that said they are extremely fast but also extremely dangerous . I know a fella that took a finger off last fall . .

I watch my boys hands religiously when they are practicing or hunting . I stick to my vertical bow until temps get frigid and the heavy clothes come out . You will be happy with any of em .

My boys shoot the r 29 its super compact and. Shoots 425 fr per second . I can't even see the bolt until it hits the target . I believe the 29 x shoots 25 ft per second faster and may be a touch slimmer . The 29x does come with silent cocking . I don't think you can go wrong with the 26 29 or 29x . All about what fits you the best . And are insanely fast .

With that said they are extremely fast but also extremely dangerous . I know a fella that took a finger off last fall . .

I watch my boys hands religiously when they are practicing or hunting . I stick to my vertical bow until temps get frigid and the heavy clothes come out . You will be happy with any of em .
I have the ten point havoc 440. With lighted nock I still can’t see it until it’s stopped.

bilgerat

Senior
Finally got him back to camp , killed him at 6.30 it’s 8:45 now , man what ordeal !!! Had to drag his big butt 240 yards to where I could get the 4 wheeler . Then had to wrestle him onto the back , he defiantly weighed 430 by the time I got him out :D
72162251269__A9DC9349-F045-424E-B353-23A35E52AA6D.jpeg

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Back on stand!

I’m in a soft sided tower sitting in a little chute between tree lines. I have young wheat in fields to my right and behind me and an over grown field across the ditch in front.

It’s a cool 41 and the breeze is stronger than called for at 14 from the south in my face.

Bubba and John are both back. John’s in a stand called JTs stand. I rattled in 742 (maybe not quite that many) bucks there one day and John missed a shooter there yesterday. Bubba went to his honey hole north of here and is in the stand I missed out of on Sunday.

Just breaking light. Let’s go!

IMG_4739.png

Jim Boyd

Finally got him back to camp , killed him at 6.30 it’s 8:45 now , man what ordeal !!! Had to drag his big butt 240 yards to where I could get the 4 wheeler . Then had to wrestle him onto the back , he defiantly weighed 430 by the time I got him out :D
View attachment 1269153

That is a load!

Congratulations!

Sundays Money

Back in stand and have signal. Bucks are locked down and only young bucks on cam.
Tomorrow is the last day for me and the high 60s temperatures are not ideal.
Jt I have had the r9, r10, and borrowed the 26. I like something in each but I sold the r9 and kept the r10. The silent crank is great though on the 26. Hope it heals well brother.
Just stick one and have bubba drag and dress it since you’re technically disabled! Lol

Ksbigbuck

Back on stand!

I’m in a soft sided tower sitting in a little chute between tree lines. I have young wheat in fields to my right and behind me and an over grown field across the ditch in front.

It’s a cool 41 and the breeze is stronger than called for at 14 from the south in my face.

Bubba and John are both back. John’s in a stand called JTs stand. I rattled in 742 (maybe not quite that many) bucks there one day and John missed a shooter there yesterday. Bubba went to his honey hole north of here and is in the stand I missed out of on Sunday.

Just breaking light. Let’s go!

View attachment 1269173
JT what a trooper you are sir! Hand broke , wallet broke but still able to overcome those obstacles to crawl your *** out of bed and chase that animal we all cherish the American Whitetail! God Bless you and all those other hunters out there watching this glorious sunrise this morning!!!!!

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Back in stand and have signal. Bucks are locked down and only young bucks on cam.
Tomorrow is the last day for me and the high 60s temperatures are not ideal.
Jt I have had the r9, r10, and borrowed the 26. I like something in each but I sold the r9 and kept the r10. The silent crank is great though on the 26. Hope it heals well brother.
Just stick one and have bubba drag and dress it since you’re technically disabled! Lol
Ha… Bubba had back surgery from dragging his KS deer… Bubba don’t drag NO mo!

Status
Not open for further replies.