JT, Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree. 18 years strong, but different III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
JT I'm just curious . Were you holding down the back clutch button on a raven ? My kids shoot an r29 and a buddy showed me that trick so it doesn't make the clicking noise when you crank it . I have always been a little hesitant of it slipping and the hand crank doing that . Good thing about crossbows . You can go left or right handed .

Yes it has the brake and yes I was holding it down to keep the click out, but what I didn’t pay attention to is I have the R26X which has a silent crank anyway. The video I was watching was on the one with the click

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ok so because there’s a cut on top of the break they did not out a full cast because of possibility of infection. So they put a temp cast on until I get home.

Sooooo. I pulled the cast and have a hand brace that will hopefully keep it still enuf to use it like I did this morning in stand. Hardest part was raising and lowering the bow with one hand and then cocking and uncocking the bow. That was brutal.

We will see how it goes

Jim Boyd

Yes it has the brake and yes I was holding it down to keep the click out, but what I didn’t pay attention to is I have the R26X which has a silent crank anyway. The video I was watching was on the one with the click

Jim

What made the decision on the 26?

I am looking at Ravins to replace my old Parker.

Right now, the 10, 26 and 29 are what I am looking at.

Apparently the 10 is longer than the 26 and 29?

Speed does not really concern me that much, my Parkers were rated 330 and 380 and I never saw a single deer flinch before the arrow got there. If they did, I could not see it.

The 10’s are less expensive but I want to buy once and cry once.

My 70 year old brother is buying my current Parker and my bride green lighted the Ravin…. (he will also be a Midwest virgin in 2024!)

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Jim

Speed does not really concern me that much, my Parkers were rated 330 and 380 and I never saw a single deer flinch before the arrow got there. If they did, I could not see it.

My 70 year old brother is buying my current Parker and my bride green lighted the Ravin…. (he will also be a Midwest virgin in 2024!)

I wanted it as short as possible and this one was. It seemed to fit on my shoulder and cheek well even tho the “stock” was not really there.

That and the fella at the counter said he has ut and loves it and he seemed like an honest knowledgeable tech lol

Mike 65

I wanted it as short as possible and this one was. It seemed to fit on my shoulder and cheek well even tho the “stock” was not really there.

That and the fella at the counter said he has ut and loves it and he seemed like an honest knowledgeable tech lol
I have the r29 and love it. Yes hold the handle hood while decicking.
Oh and tonight was kinda slow here.

Dupree

Jim

I have an r10. I got it in 2021 and have killed 4 bucks and a handful of does with it and I love it. I had the strings changed this past summer, as you are supposed to change them every other year. I’ve seen more issues on a ravin Facebook page out of the more expensive models, than the r10.

gutterman

Ok so because there’s a cut on top of the break they did not out a full cast because of possibility of infection. So they put a temp cast on until I get home.

Sooooo. I pulled the cast and have a hand brace that will hopefully keep it still enuf to use it like I did this morning in stand. Hardest part was raising and lowering the bow with one hand and then cocking and uncocking the bow. That was brutal.

We will see how it goes
My Man! The Marines came to my mind, as I was reading your post.

Marines are trained to improvise, adapt, and overcome all obstacles in all situations.

How sweet it will be, when you type THWAACK! tomorrow on a Kansas Giant!

Status
Not open for further replies.