JT, Bubba and Friends Live From The Tree. 18 years strong, but different III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
JT what a trooper you are sir! Hand broke , wallet broke but still able to overcome those obstacles to crawl your *** out of bed and chase that animal we all cherish the American Whitetail! God Bless you and all those other hunters out there watching this glorious sunrise this morning!!!!!

All would have been good with the world if my arrow would have accidentally found its mark. I’d have a dead buck, my pocket would have been much happier and I wouldn’t have been an idiot and cracked my danged hand.

Jim Boyd

My boys shoot the r 29 its super compact and. Shoots 425 fr per second . I can't even see the bolt until it hits the target . I believe the 29 x shoots 25 ft per second faster and may be a touch slimmer . The 29x does come with silent cocking . I don't think you can go wrong with the 26 29 or 29x . All about what fits you the best . And are insanely fast .

With that said they are extremely fast but also extremely dangerous . I know a fella that took a finger off last fall . .

I watch my boys hands religiously when they are practicing or hunting . I stick to my vertical bow until temps get frigid and the heavy clothes come out . You will be happy with any of em .

Dangerous, they can be. Had not even considered the danger of the crank handle but we see what it can do now. @Jim Thompson

Have been using a xbow for about 10 years and yes, they will take a thumb or finger.

Got my buddy started a few years ago and he immediately tore his thumb to shreds. I considered him lucky that it was not worse.

Looking forward to a Ravin test.

What I really need to do is to get to a dealer and handle them.

savannahsdad

I’m back in my little home place. Seen 7? Maybe 8? Couldn’t post as I have been covered up since I got here.
One lil spike acting like a 16 yr old. Running does around grunting and rubbing trees. I admire his enthusiasm but would love to see his reaction if big boy shows. He was on camera around midnight but so far a no show. It’s a beautiful calm 50 degrees here in GA.

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Im here finally a tad of service at this hour drive north farm…im in ladder I killed from last yr and jt shot from two days ago… fine morning if only 40 degrees but better than the 70 coming by lunch with 20mph south winds!… Really need to get a big nasty close seeing how im the only one that hasn’t flung a stick! Day 24ish in the midwest is starting… good luck all!

slow motion

Ok Jim. Gonna need you to assure us youve got a harness on. I know you're in a tower blind but you've become accident prone. Are you near water? Life jacket perhaps? Maybe a helmet too.

Washing machine is going. Truck unloading is slowly in progress. Water boiling to sanitize Pop's thermos. Gonna have to get started shearing this Joe Dirt beard today too. Ah the joys of the post hunt. Not nearly as much fun as loading up to go.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Good luck to all the folks enjoying the hunt.

Question for the Midwest experts - if you had to put dates to the lockdown - what would you generally say?

@Sundays Money
@Jim Thompson
@flatsmaster

Overlooking great hunters, I know.

What say you?

Planning 1-15 Nov 24….

In my wee mind, the later you get in those 1st three weeks you’ll probably have the best chance of the older bucks being locked up.

Although this year on the 8th and 9th from the stand we watched 2 mature bucks stay with a doe each in very small ranges all day

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ok Jim. Gonna need you to assure us youve got a harness on. I know you're in a tower blind but you've become accident prone. Are you near water? Life jacket perhaps? Maybe a helmet too.

Washing machine is going. Truck unloading is slowly in progress. Water boiling to sanitize Pop's thermos. Gonna have to get started shearing this Joe Dirt beard today too. Ah the joys of the post hunt. Not nearly as much fun as loading up to go.

I wear a helmet everywhere I go :bounce:

Sundays Money

Good luck to all the folks enjoying the hunt.

Question for the Midwest experts - if you had to put dates to the lockdown - what would you generally say?

@Sundays Money
@Jim Thompson
@flatsmaster

Overlooking great hunters, I know.

What say you?

Planning 1-15 Nov 24….
Jim i know big buck killers that are locals around me that don’t start hunting until around November 6or 7th. They both have numerous 170” plus but they also gun hunt some.
Imo 6-12 are the days after that they are locked down.
Last 2 days the 2-3yr old bucks are back on scrapes which tells me the big guys are laid up with a honey

Sundays Money

Jim i know big buck killers that are locals around me that don’t start hunting until around November 6or 7th. They both have numerous 170” plus but they also gun hunt some.
Imo 6-12 are the days after that they are locked down.
Last 2 days the 2-3yr old bucks are back on scrapes which tells me the big guys are laid up with a honey
I actually have had 3 young bucks come to a scrape this am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts