2005 DNR rule change question

DoDahDaze

Was just looking at the Georgia DNR site and noticed this:

"In Hancock, Harris, Meriwether, Montgomery, Randolph, Talbot, and Troup counties, only antlered bucks with at least 4 points on either side are legal."

It used to be "one inch or longer, on one side of the antlers."

Is this correct or was I just off in naa-naa land?

Arrow Flinger

Yes the regs are correct. These counties went to quality management (thats what the DNR calls it) a few years ago.

GeauxLSU

Arrow Flinger said:
Yes the regs are correct. These counties went to quality management (thats what the DNR calls it) a few years ago.
And the lease prices are apparently going up accordingly...
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

bull0ne

Banned
GeauxLSU said:
And the lease prices are apparently going up accordingly...
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Thats right.........and one of the reasons i will not support efforts to pass quality or trophy buck management rules in the counties which i hunt presently hunt in.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Flinger,

I believe that WRD correctly characterizes the regulation as an "Antler-Restriction", not as QDM. I may be wrong, that seems to be a habit of mine here lately!

I think his question was more specifically aimed at the definition of the word "point".

What length constitutes a "point"? The regs said in years past that it had to be at least 1" long.

Is that still the case?

fredw

Retired Moderator
I think DoDahDaze may be asking about the length of the four points in those counties....

In the hard copy of the 2004-05 Hunting Regs, it says:

.....antlered bucks may be taken only if they have a minimum of 4 antler points, 1 inch or longer, on one side of the antlers

H

HT2

bull........

bull0ne said:
Thats right.........and one of the reasons i will not support efforts to pass quality or trophy buck management rules in the counties which i hunt presently hunt in.
Yeah, this is a very controversial thing that is gonna continue as the years go by.....

For me personally.........

I pay quite a bit for my lease(s) but for me and I "stress" just for me......It's worth every penny I pay.......It took us and a lot of other people a lot of hard work to get the Antler restrictions implemented into Hancock county and I for one hope they are here to stay.............

But, as you stated......

The lease prices will continue to climb.........There is no gettin' around that.......

But, I can understand you opinion of it too.........

JBowers

DoDahDaze said:
Was just looking at the Georgia DNR site and noticed this:

"In Hancock, Harris, Meriwether, Montgomery, Randolph, Talbot, and Troup counties, only antlered bucks with at least 4 points on either side are legal."

It used to be "one inch or longer, on one side of the antlers."

Is this correct or was I just off in naa-naa land?
Nope, It's a clerical error! Thanks, I'll get it corrected by days end!