2021-2022 Catoosa-Walker-Dade

MCBUCK

This is a river bottom Whitfield county buck from October 26.
Saw great rut activity with lists of chasing from Nov 15 thru Thanksgiving then it slowed down pretty good. Then all of a sudden the week before Christmas I have a pretty big dude come roaming thru after sunset that I’ve been trying to get into daylight. Maybe the warm spell turned me off. 0CC07150-7805-4E5E-8AB7-FA7EA47C3C42.jpeg6915682D-7913-4844-921F-CFDAF5F66F27.jpegWe will see what happens next week.

NGa.MtnHunter

This is a river bottom Whitfield county buck from October 26.
Saw great rut activity with lists of chasing from Nov 15 thru Thanksgiving then it slowed down pretty good. Then all of a sudden the week before Christmas I have a pretty big dude come roaming thru after sunset that I’ve been trying to get into daylight. Maybe the warm spell turned me off. View attachment 1125637View attachment 1125638We will see what happens next week.
Nice one Moe!!
Can't believe you hit him with that ole bolt gun..::ke::bounce:

tjgregory

Hunted Walker this cold morning and I will be in the stand many mornings and afternoons this week. Saw a young eight-point prowling cautiously today around 8:30 and saw a single doe browsing around 9:00. Lots of shots fired from different points off in the distance, so the deer seemed to be on the move somewhere. This part of November is always prime time at the farm and my plan is to put one mature-bodied buck and one doe on the ground by the 27th.

tjgregory

Scored a double bonus on coyotes yesterday from the deer stand. Killed a big male at 7:10 on the morning hunt and a female at 5:50 on the afternoon hunt. I sat in a different stand each hunt and both overlook food plots at base of ridge that was clear cut twenty years ago and replanted in pines. These were the only howlers that we’ve had on the trail cameras this fall.

Saw some does with fawns and some small bucks. All of the deer were on the feed, both clover and cereal rye. Still waiting for some rutting action to start up, and I know that it can happen any day now.D5D05550-96FB-42A7-A099-80685CCB64FB.jpeg92C7A693-54B6-4A21-A86C-AD0C64EC7831.jpeg

tjgregory

I got a chance to slip up to the farm Wednesday afternoon and killed this big five-point. A doe stepped out and he was about a minute behind her and began curling his upper lip upon entering the plot. I got in the stand at 3:00 and squeezed the trigger at 3:53. Saw four deer in all: two does, a spike, and the big five. He had no brow points and had one tine that was completely broken off. It was just a thrown together hunt on a windy afternoon. The best time to go hunting is anytime that you can.805FCAC7-6EFC-4DD8-BA7C-5D60746FA3B1.jpeg

Bushhog Bob

Great looking buck. You really deserved a good one like that, for hunting in freezing weather. Were you hunting out of a blind or out of open stand.