2021 Oglethorpe County

Triple C

Finally made it down for the first hunt this weekend. Camp was pretty quiet with just 4 of us. Same story as everyone else...small bucks pushing does and sparse mast crop with few shots heard. On a brighter note, the Joro spiders were a non-factor on our place. There were a few here and there but nothing like I've seen in other areas recently. The ones we did have had their webs 12-15 feet off the ground so no incidences of spontaneous, spider dancing were noted.:)
jbird...Bout decided the Joro's have big brains on our place. Now build their webs above UTV height.

Buford_Dawg

If interested you can keep up with OC harvest totals and daily totals at https://gadnrwrd.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/a8c09f55918b41e7af6e54abf1dc3a1c

To date, there have been 298 bucks reported and 177 does reported this deer season in OC.

Quick comparison, over the first 2 rifle weekends of last year vs first 2 rifle weekends of this year, last year there were 180 bucks reported taken vs 151 reported this year.

Souhternhunter17

Hunted Saturday morning and afternoon down on our OC property. Only saw 2 does late in the morning Saturday AM, and nothing Saturday PM. I agree with you all that the moon had them boogered up, as my cams were full of nightime movement. Ironically though I heard a ton of shots (mostly late Saturday AM) whereas on the opener I didn’t hear a SINGLE SHOT. I found this odd…. I think alot of young bucks met their demise Saturday AM around me. I think the most excitement I had all weekend was hearing a hog “roar” for the first time when walking to my stand Saturday AM and for 30 minutes all the way up until daylight. It’s definitely an erie and scary sound to hear when walking in the dark. This is the first year we have had hogs on the property in three years of leasing it and I hope they move on ?! If I cross paths with the sounder this year sometime I plan to empty my gun, I hate them things! As far as sign goes, I saw more scrapes and rubs this weekend than on the opener so things are beginning to ramp up and be right on schedule for the normal 1st weekend in November being prime time for us. Goodluck to all this weekend ??.

david c

the next 10-15 days will be ON in Oglethorpe ......

i really believe when this rain moves out ........ it's gonna be time to Dig In !

Triple C

@Southernhunter17 - Great OC buck! Congrats on a great day!

Just finished up hunt at the farm with friend from Omaha. Lots of deer seen during our hunts. Few arrows released. 2 pigs dead...no deer. I got busted trying to draw on a nice buck yesterday afternoon. Darn things are hard to get drawn back on without getting busted, particularly with a trad bow. Ain't giving up. Gonna happen one day.

In spite of inclement weather, it was very enjoyable from the stand from Wednesday afternoon thru this morn. Lil rain here n there but no worries if dressed for the occasion. Best of luck guys! Next 10 days should be magical.