2022 Oglethorpe County

transfixer

Headed to OC by lunchtime today if all goes as planned, I'm in need of a campfire to prop my boots next to , need to recharge my brain in the OC woods this weekend, maybe I'll shoot something for the freezer,, maybe not, doesn't matter to me. Kinda doubt any of the bucks left around our place are in much danger, likely won't be but me and one other guy at camp.

Grunt-n-bleat

Morning all,
My 2nd to the last sit yesterday evening saw one small momma doe with a runty looking fawn. They got a pass..Gonna head down this afternoon for one final sit of this deer season. Looks like the last day of the season gonna be a wash out.
Best of luck to you all in whatever your chasing!

Todd E

I hope im not bothering yall by posting from out of state. Yall are my true buddies. Im just chasing my dream. So excited.

After travel and sight verification, we only had a brief chance to hunt yesterday eve. Saw some does and young bucks.

Woke up to rain and cold this am. I guess these bucks are post rut. Some bumping of does. Have seen a doe cross with a nice 2 or 3 yo bout 5 mins behind her. He came back across. Then crossed back. Slow right now. We were expecting high 70 temps. This weather is nice. We can hunt through Monday morning. Thick thick mesquite with senderos. Advised to break deer down on shot as I was told I dont want to have to track in that stuff. In a lull right now. 20220107_190444.jpg20220108_081634.jpg20220107_192037.jpg

Grunt-n-bleat

Congrats TripleC, way to close the season out with a bang. Awesome mixed bag.

Nothing moving down in my club, sat 5 hours and watched red headed woodpeckers working the hard wood bottom. Decided to get down around 530, and as soon as my feets hit the ground, large pack of coyotes cut loose up about 80 yards up in some young pines. Tell ya what, definitely raises the hair on the back of ya neck.
Made for a interesting walk out to the four wheeler.
Anxiously awaiting more pics of that buck Todd. Congrats in advance..