2022 Oglethorpe County

Arrow3

Well today was an unproductive day. My work canceled today but the wind was about unbearable to be out in. I wanted to get on the lake but that wasn't safe today.

Buford_Dawg

Well, we had more than our fair share of the snow, had about 1/2 inch of sleet / freezing rain Saturday night, then got about 4 inches of snow on top of that thru the day yesterday. Have 5 big leland cyprus trees on the ground or almost on the ground leaning against other cyprus trees in my backyard. My local tree service visited today, gave me a estimate and we having them removed tomorrow once snow starts melting a little. So much for any new hunting equipment any time soon, there went my hunting budget, LOL.... Thankfully the trees went away from mine and my neighbors house, it could have gotten really nasty. Gonna salvage some of the wood for deer camp, so just gonna look at it as buying some very expensive camp firewood ;)

nix03

I have read the Oglethorpe thread for the last couple of seasons and posted in a few but I am throwing this out there. I was in a club in OC several years ago and with kids in ball it just wasn't feasible to stay in. So with that said if any of you have a club with an opening in a managed club please let me know. I have a tractor with several pieces of equipment and front end loader to help or do whatever is needed around the place.
thanks

Triple C

I have read the Oglethorpe thread for the last couple of seasons and posted in a few but I am throwing this out there. I was in a club in OC several years ago and with kids in ball it just wasn't feasible to stay in. So with that said if any of you have a club with an opening in a managed club please let me know. I have a tractor with several pieces of equipment and front end loader to help or do whatever is needed around the place.
thanks
nix - Hope somebody on here can help you out this year. Part of the reason I love Oglethorpe County so much is because of the folks that post in here.

Triple C

Boys...Woke up Sunday with a lil runny nose and slight congestion. Think mild chest cold. Did a home test Monday night - negative. Did PCR yesterday and got the results just before noon today - POSITIVE for covid. Feel perfectly fine. Today, zero symptoms. But...gotta isolate 5 days. Headed to farm in morn to isolate there. Can't think of a place I'd rather be to wait this out.

Todd E

Take care of yourself. You will be good in no time down there. On those home tests, its hard to ram it up in there til your eyes water. LoL. No problem for a nurse. Ouch!!!!

Before I went to Texas, I took a covid test, flu, and RSV. Told doc I wanted a thorough check up so my trip wouldn't be ruined. Regretted it. Found a wax ball in my ear. He dug on me until I hollered. That was on a Tuesday. Leaving Thursday. He turned it sideways and I couldn't hear. Flushed and flushed. Told me to go home and burst collace stool softners in my ear. 3 times. See ya in am. I did. Went back in am. They flushed and dug flushed and dug and flushed. Dang doc. You about killed me before my trip. I just wanted a check up.

Buford_Dawg

Well, clear cutting has started on the small lease that I hunt with Revans, he text me some pictures yesterday, those boys can work fast in good weather, says they be done in 2 weeks, then got my BCR club supposedly being hit with logging first week of March, turkey season may be a wash this spring, we will see. Hope you enjoying your isolation CCC, gonna be chilly down there tonight and tomorrow, get that wood burning stove a blazing.

Todd E

I tell ya what....there are some brave nuts in OC.
There was one heckuva roost shoot going on Saturday evening.

Things that make me shake my head.

revans4661

I found the perfect tree for next season...
I got a message that said FYI, they are starting to cut your lease today. I was in Savannah. I was there at daylight the next morning and this is what I found. Thank you to the loggers for sparing my 1 year old summit. I was able to save 1 of BD's ladder stands as well. I'll go inspect the damage this weekend. They're cutting 65 of the 220 acres so hopefully the turkeys will hang around.Screenshot_20220131-135613_Gallery.jpg