2024 cicada mega hatch Invasion thread

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
None here, and we won`t see any 13 years for another month or two.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
None in the foothills. Back in I think 2021, my wife and I were driving through TN this same time of the year and they were so loud that you could hear them going down the interstate. With the winders up and 80mph.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Friend of mine has a decibel meter on his wrist phone. Said it was registering up to 76 decibels. A normal conversation is 60.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They don't come out here where I live, but the brood this year will hatch where I work in the next county over. They're not out yet, though. We just barely have trees leafing out here now.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
We stopped just north of Columbus at the Welcome Center at exit 12 on I 185 yesterday afternoon. They were VERY LOUD there.

Northern Taliaferro was the same on 4/26.

Lukikus2

I don’t think it’s been 13 years since they last hatched here. Maybe 8 or 9. They are deafening sometimes for sure.

Whitefeather

Management Material
Check in if you’re being invaded by the 13 and 17 year brood once in 230 year double hatch.
Troup county checking in

Pretty loud in SE Coweta Co for the last 7-10 days. I can’t post a video but I have some but it doesn’t do it justice.
Started seeing them 2 weeks ago and now a bunch of dead ones in the yard. I have been very enthralled with them this year for some reason.