2024 cicada mega hatch Invasion thread

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Check in if you’re being invaded by the 13 and 17 year brood once in 230 year double hatch.
Troup county checking in

I haven't been down there in 2 weeks but 2 weeks ago they were tuned up and I some dead ones on the ground.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Just back from near B.F. Grant, there were quite a few buzzing around. IMG_0653.png

Hoss

Ours seem to be on their way out. No where near as load as they were a couple weeks ago. Remi isn’t finded as many as he was so we are having to up his food. Still spends a lot of time looking for them when he’s outside.

ryork

Haven't heard or seen the first one here at home (NE corner of AL). My Mom lives south of Carrollton and hasn't had any either. They were loud in LaGrange a week or so ago and were everywhere in droves up in the Nashville TN area this weekend. Not sure if it is soil temps or what factors drive where they are and when they come out. Interesting little critters for sure.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Have not seen nor heard any in SW Cherokee . I heard them loud and clear driving back from Kentucky well north of here. Strange how it was only during a maybe 5 mile stretch, but it was clearly them. My bud heard them heading back to Mobil around he same time. Pretty crazy

Whitefeather

Management Material
It’s winding down here. Didn’t hear anything yesterday but they were going this morning at 530 when I went outside. Definitely not anything like it was 2 weeks ago