25 or more million?

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
This has become absurd at a super rapid rate. 4 million, 25 million, whatever it is. Are these contracts between player and university? What about getting hurt, opt outs, transfers?

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
This has become absurd at a super rapid rate. 4 million, 25 million, whatever it is. Are these contracts between player and university? What about getting hurt, opt outs, transfers?
IF....(and that's a big IF concerning Harrison) that's true, they've lost committed WR Jeremiah Smith! Wonder where he is this weekend on OV? ;) That would be hhhhuge.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
No, it's not with the university. It's with a "collective". The university can not pay then directly under Title IX so they are using these "collectives" as a work around.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
My time as a CFB fan is rapidly drawing to a close.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Have no fear, the bucknutt boyez will be along shortly to tell how this is normal and goes on everywhere, unlike sign stealing.

Madsnooker

Not sure how your comparing something legal with something not legal like they way in which ttun stole signs. As far as what is being reported about MHJ, it's not the school its the collective as ddgarcia said.

I'm all for the players making money on their likeness if it's done as intended. Im not for doing it like UM, T A&M, etc are doing it.

Madsnooker

Have no fear, the bucknutt boyez will be along shortly to tell how this is normal and goes on everywhere, unlike sign stealing.
Not sure how your comparing something legal with something not legal like they way in which ttun stole signs. As far as what is being reported about MHJ, it's not the school its the collective as ddgarcia said.

I'm all for the players making money on their likeness if it's done as intended. Im not for doing it like UM, T A&M, etc are doing it.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
IF....(and that's a big IF concerning Harrison) that's true, they've lost committed WR Jeremiah Smith! Wonder where he is this weekend on OV? ;) That would be hhhhuge.
Harrison most likely won’t announce anything until after signing day. Top receivers WANT to play for hartline. He consistently puts guys in the first round of the draft. I’d be surprised if smith changes his commitment. There’s already several 5*’s in front of him at tOSU anyhow

bullgator

I listened to a podcast yesterday where Urban Meyer said he was told some recruits are asking for $5000 just to take a visit. They and CFB can KMA.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.

I'm sorry but the collective isn't paying for thier name, image, or likeness. You don't see a commercial for or with Brock Bowers "coming at you from the UGA collective" .
They are paying them to play football for whatever particular university has funneled money into that collective along with boosters, whoever else. And Its not right. It's making shell companies to pay millions to college athletes. I sont believe the NIL was brought about to do it this way, but like the wild west, there was no law

ATLFalconsfan80

For what its worth, EA Sports got rid of its biggest selling video game in 2014, NCAA Football. At the time a lot of players was upset that the video game used their image and likeness and number but not their name. Players wanted to be compensated for it. EA quit making the game and then 10 years later the new game is being set to release in summer 2024, where they will be using the Names Images and Likeness. More money for the players