350 legend

leroy

So as i understand you can take 350 legend barrel and put it on a 223 upper and it will work? Takes different mags as well. Anyone did this and how were results

Gator89

So as i understand you can take 350 legend barrel and put it on a 223 upper and it will work? Takes different mags as well. Anyone did this and how were results
I would probably just buy a second upper, but yes barrels can be swapped on uppers.

If the case head diameter is the same, then a bolt change is not necessary. 350 Legend uses the same bolt as the 5.56/.223 cartridge.

There are some you tube videos about modifying 5.56 mags to feed 350 Legend.

Nimrod71

Changing uppers to different calibers is a good idea, kind of like Thompson Centers. You can use one lower and make all kinds of different rifles.

rosewood

I agree with others, a complete upper is the way to go. However if you already have another 5.56/223 and intend on this particular one staying a 350 legend from now on, a barrel swap would be the less expensive solution.

Rosewood

leroy

I agree with others, a complete upper is the way to go. However if you already have another 5.56/223 and intend on this particular one staying a 350 legend from now on, a barrel swap would be the less expensive solution.

Rosewood
That is my situation