48v golf cart club car dead

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Starting having problems with the cart not charging. Wouldn't kick the charger on. Usually took several attemps to get the charger kicking in. Then batteries wouldn't last long. Eventually it would go and stop, in a jerking motion. Finally, it died. Batteries check out good, 48v, 8 v for each. Solenoid doesn't kick in, no sound at all when pressing the pedal. Anyone else had this problems before? Gotta get this thing fixed before deer season.

Attachments

• buggyhunting.jpg
    buggyhunting.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 12

transfixer

Yep, I know them. Last trip there cost me over 400 bucks. Controller etc..

Ditto what Milkman said, I believe there are test procedures posted over there that will help you figure out what is wrong, also if you register and post in the Electric Club Car section of the forum , describe what you have and what has happened , there are some very helpful, very knowledgeable guys over there, They usually can point you in the right direction . Those carts are really not hard to work on, you just have to familiarize yourself with the system you have

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'll check out the site suggested. And will be checking with a meter. It's been so hot I haven't been in too big a hurry to get out and meter it out. I have removed the covers so everything is exposed.

sghoghunter

How did you test the batteries? A golf cart battery can be showing full voltage and be no good. I went through all this when I bought my 48volt Yamaha. Also on a Yamaha cart charger it won’t charge if the batteries are to dead.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
How old are your batteries?

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
New batteries didn't fix anything. Took the darn thing to the shop. Having that charger checked out too. It's been giving problems for a long time.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
OBC is the problem. Thinking about bypassing the OBC, and buying a regular bypass charger off Amazon. I'll be checking them out.

paulito

My hunting buddy here at work had the same thing happen with his bad boy buggie. The OBC went bad. they replaced the batteries and switch it over to a plug in charger and he has been good to go ever since. Oh and his new external charger is like half the size of my older charger for my 2006 36 volt and seems to charge a LOT better.

Reactions: Son

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
yep, when installed the new batteries, it ran like a moodys goose. But only until it needed charging again. I'm purchasing a direct charger that's much lighter than that big old OBC charger. Bypassing the OBC. Putting a computer in a golf cart wasn't a good idea in my opinion. But it helps make the golf cart business lots of money. Some technology is good for ya, some not so. It's only money, but these toys can cost a bunch to keep them up. I liked the old 36v better than this 48v. The 36v had more room in the cab and never gave any problem other than having to change batteries about ever five years or so. Photo of the old buggy below.

Attachments

• 18486341_10207130177732577_3779439075440641123_n.jpg
    18486341_10207130177732577_3779439075440641123_n.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 10