Club car electric golf carts

sghoghunter

I’ve been looking for a fixer upper cart to leave at the hunting club. I ran across a club car this afternoon that the guy said he would sell and he knew the batteries were bad but he has the charger for it. I already have a 48 volt Yamaha that’s been upgraded with a 500amp controller,bigger silinoid,high torque motor and lift and would like to do this one as well but not familiar with club cars. Do they operate the same way or is their wiring and mechanical operation different?

paulito

I have never worked on one personally but as far as i know they are all pretty much the same. Batteries, solenoid, controller and motor. Just like Ford, Chevy and Dodge, they all have their own quirks and specific ways of wiring or what not but basic premise of operation is still the same. If you can work on your yamaha then you should be able to figure out the club car in no time flat.

transfixer

I’ve been looking for a fixer upper cart to leave at the hunting club. I ran across a club car this afternoon that the guy said he would sell and he knew the batteries were bad but he has the charger for it. I already have a 48 volt Yamaha that’s been upgraded with a 500amp controller,bigger silinoid,high torque motor and lift and would like to do this one as well but not familiar with club cars. Do they operate the same way or is their wiring and mechanical operation different?

You'll be able to find a lot more information and accessories for the Club Cars than you can for a Yamaha, Club Cars and Ezgo's are a lot more prevalent and popular than Yamaha's ,

if its a good price I'd jump on it,,, another plus for Club Cars is the frames are Aluminum,, so no rust !

buckmanmike

Make sure you get the Club Car charger. They work together with the OBC(on board computer) to control charger. Most everything else is similiar between brands.