Electric Golf Cart Range?

buckmanmike

In my case the obc quit working. It was about the same price to buy a new charger as it was to buy a new obc.

FlipKing

We hunt 1800 acres, if we are just going too and from the stand we will take the golf cart some times. But usually we take the side by side because the property is too big for the golf cart. The golf cart will go 10+ miles.

buckmanmike

The new lithium options can increase range considerably. Im trying to convince myself to swap to lithium this fall when I will need new batteries. Intial cost is high but 3x battery life and zero maintenance except charging. Plus you can partially charge as needed and discharge to 10% capacity. They generally are higher voltage at full charge that will give more speed and torque. Win, Win???

ssramage

Thanks for all of the feedback guys. I'm not in a huge rush so I'm going to keep looking and doing my research. I'm hoping to pull the trigger on something closer to season.

Confederate_Jay

Gas. I have had both. Yamaha gas carts are pretty quiet. That's what I have now. A ranger or mule is even better but they cost as much as a good used Toyota.