5-Day WALLEYE ROUNDUp and Awards Banquet ...

JJJSDAD

I agree twilight bite is better for me. The day light bite depends on water clarity, wind, barometer, and structure.

Cashvaluerecovery

Dave, they bite in low light conditions. the best time to fish for them is an hour before daylight til the sun is up good, or just before twilight til good and dark. You can fish totally at night, but you don't have too.

In my experience, the twilight time seems to work best. But some folks swear by the early morning bite.

Night time by far is better as its just like the twighlight bite, just all night long. The problem is, we cant see for crap at night like walleye can haha. So it makes fishing for them more difficult for us is all.

@JJSDAD ... yes you can make a decision when the dates announced .. Probably end of May first of June ... I should know by February 15th the Dates and locations for weigh-Ins, sponsors, etc.

Also the best time for me to fish for Walleye is anytime I can!! ... I found that it is much easier and safer to fish the am - bite vs, pm. ... but the p.m. does produce more fish.

the RoundUp would be limited to Georgia & South Carolina Lakes that are regulated by the GADNR .... Maybe we will do one for NC as well ... in 2015

So far The Walleye RoundUp will be a 12 -day EVENT covering two weekends in May/June .. I will have confirmed all the dates, sponsors rules & regs etc, this Friday and post more detailed information about the event on Saturday the 31st

crackerdave

I found that May/June is the best time to catch them .. It's when I catch the Most ... However Feb March will have the biggest fish pre spawn opportunity ... there will be a better and more even playing field with more fish being caught after the spawn.

Where in a typical walleye lake do they spawn?

Just down stream from the Dams Dave. 1-10 feet ... They like to spawn in highly oxygenated waters that come from rough rapids.
Highly oxygenate running water keeps eggs clean from sediment. aka rolling

Yotes

Banned
I would love to do this if it worked out. 5 Days is tough. 3 Day could be done for sure.

crackerdave

Just down stream from the Dams Dave. 1-10 feet ... They like to spawn in highly oxygenated waters that come from rough rapids.
Highly oxygenate running water keeps eggs clean from sediment. aka rolling

Thank you for that,sir!
That's one of my favorite places to kayak fish is the tailwaters of West Point dam.I would strongly suggest wearing a life vest,and when they sound the horn,know that you better high-tail it for the take-out point!
Wonder if there's walleye there?

wncslim

Maybe just keep thread going and we could post pics to see what everyone catches this spring and where [approximately].

CaptBee

Did I miss something? Would the contest have designated lakes or open choice on which lake (s) are fished?

Capt Bee