7/8/06 Lanier Spots & Stripes

Mr.Mellons

Hit the water about 6am Saturday morning with two buddies and cruised up the river channel above browns bridge to downline a few points with no luck. I headed to the mouth of flat creek about 8am and picked up to 2 3lb spots on a fish head spin while blind downlining. After that we made another run back up to the river channel above browns bridge and began trolling lead core bucktails and some deep diving plugs up the channel trying to cross as many points as possible. We ended up with a 14,10,8, and 7 lb stripers and 3 spots.
post1.jpg

post5.jpg

post4.jpg

post2.jpg

post3.jpg

post6.jpg

Heres video of me bringing one in.

Big Foot

Looks like u had a great day/time on the water...sweet!

Nice video...shoot me an IM, I fish above BB also...

bigox911

Nice fish man. I gotta learn how to do that trollin stuff.

Mr.Mellons

It got pretty busy at about 10am. Bumper boats and jet skis started flyin up the channel 5 wide. Thats the good thing about trolling with the big motor though, you can always drop the hammer if you have to and get the heck out the way. It wasnt so bad that you couldnt fish though, I just stayed towards the edge and only had an occasional idiot run between me and shore.

DeucesWild

Mr.Mellons said:
It got pretty busy at about 10am. Bumper boats and jet skis started flyin up the channel 5 wide. Thats the good thing about trolling with the big motor though, you can always drop the hammer if you have to and get the heck out the way. It wasnt so bad that you couldnt fish though, I just stayed towards the edge and only had an occasional idiot run between me and shore.

Thanks for the info. Been wanting to take my dad up and do a little trolling.

armyman2007

What speed do you troll at? I tried trolling with my big motor today a little bit but the slowest I can idle it at is 3.5 MPH. It seemed like we were going too fast??

Mr.Mellons

Im not sure exactly because I dont have a speedometer but ill go about 5-10mph so that the lures pull themselves out then throw it in neutral, and bump it up to right where the gears shift.

StriperAddict

Great pics & video...

Mr.Mellons said:
Im not sure exactly because I dont have a speedometer but ill go about 5-10mph so that the lures pull themselves out then throw it in neutral, and bump it up to right where the gears shift.

I understand the stop-go will trigger strikes using deep diving crank baits... got one that way once too.