A call for aid for victims of a fire!

WalkinDead

Banned
"Pops" Hager, the man who sells the seines on Jekyll Island and his wife Dotty, lost their home and pretty much everything else due to an electrical fire yesterday. My wife and I have Dotty covered for clothing, more than she may ever require. They have a 6 year old grandson staying with them who will need clothing, as well as "Pops", who is a large man; maybe some of your bigger fellows can help there. Their freezers were in out buildings, so they are covered as far as frozen foods are concerned for the most part.
If you desire to help these fine people, his cell number is: 912-539-0935. I'm sure they would be more than grateful for any assistance which you may be able and willing to provide.
You may wish to bring this to the attention of your pastor, maybe he can provide assistance through the church. Please remember them in your prayers as they overcome this adversity in their lives.
Many of you may have met him or may know of him, I am posting this here for that reason.

Last edited:

Jimmy Lee Armel

"Pops" Hager, the man who sells the seines on Jekyll Island and his wife Dotty, lost their home and pretty much everything else due to an electrical fire yesterday. My wife and I have Dotty covered for clothing, more than she may ever require. They have a 6 year old grandson staying with them who will need clothing, as well as "Pops", who is a large man; maybe some of your bigger fellows can help there. Their freezers were in out buildings, so they are covered as far as frozen foods are concerned for the most part.
If you desire to help these fine people, his cell number is: 912-539-0935. I'm sure they would be more than grateful for any assistance which you may be able and willing to provide.
You may wish to bring this to the attention of your pastor, maybe he can provide assistance through the church. Please remember them in your prayers as they overcome this adversity in their lives.
Many of you may have met him or may know of him, I am posting this here for that reason.
Is there an online place to donate? Perhals set up a go fund me of fb page

WalkinDead

Banned
As far as I know, at the moment, there is none. Thanks for asking. I can research it and post the results here. I'm not familiar with the service and always, for some reason, thought it was more for entrepreneurial endeavors.

The fire department which responded to the fire contacted the Red Cross on their behalf and they are currently receiving help from them for some of their more immediate needs. My wife and I will be delivering what we have collected today.

Update:

I spoke with "Pops" and determined that they have neither the resources nor the knowledge to initiate a GoFundMe, so I asked permission to initiate one on their behalf with the proceeds designated for deposit into an account they will set up to receive them. It most likely will not be up until this is done, but it is underway and will require at least one or two business days to accomplish. I will post a link in this thread once it is done.

Thank you to those who have viewed this post and/or made inquiries. It speaks positively about the generosity of this community.

Attachments

• Pops Fire.jpg
    Pops Fire.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 26
Last edited: