A little success today!

ztc

Just got my e-caller built yesterday (sat) and hunted most the day and half the night last night and saw or herd nothing, so this afternoon I went out just in time for about one 20-30min set, put the decoy out and the caller and set down-wind about 25 yrd and within 5min something catches my eye to my right coming up between me and my shaky rabbit and by the time I got a good look at it is was about 15 feet away coming right at me looking over its shoulder at the decoy! Its a COON! I thought to myself! It was inside 15ft away coming right at me! I was thinking ok go the other way before I scare the poo out of you and u try to use me as a scratching post, but he didn't stop coming at me till i clicked the safety off the 870 and he looked up and glared down the barrel and saw that 3.5in #5 looking at him from 10ft away that he decided to leave! Which he just turned around and walked back from where he came from! I didn't want to shoot it but I've been in a tango with coon and 18 shots later I was fine so I didn't know if I wanted to do that again and didn't want to scare it and it attack out of fear so I'm glad he Just left quietly! So anyways nothing big but my first critter called in so I was excited!

Last edited:

dakotajoe

That's a great start. Keep it up.