A question about fishing Lake Superior fall salmon and trout runs.

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
At the end of September or in early October I will be heading to Superior NF on the "north shore" of Lake Superior in Minnesota on my first major trip in a new vehicle I am building (in a thread on all things motorized). From what I understand I will be getting there during the last half of the Pink Salmon run and the first half of the Coho Salmon run. I also am led to believe that both the native Brook Trout and the Brown Trout will be doing their runs and there will still be summer run Steelhead in many of the streams and rivers. I also understand that the numerous lakes and ponds have healthy populations of smallmouth bass and northern pike. Having never fished up there before I have a couple of questions.

My questions are rather simple, if you could take as many fly outfits as you wanted what all would you take for all those possibilities, to include lines and leaders? I might not try them all, but I want the option to do so if I desire while I am camping there. My only other question is what flies would you take? I will probably be taking my old bird dog along for company and my "Elsie" 16 Gauge just incase I come across a relatively new clear cut for a Ruffed Grouse or two.....if the mode strikes me and both my dog and I feel up to beating those clear cuts. I do not want spots or anything like that, to me half the fun is figuring that out for myself, but equipment advice would be helpful, I will be taking a 6wt/8wt Spey Rod, just in case.