Abandoned Wells on Mcgraw Ford?

naaron

Last weekend I was doing some small game hunting at the trailhead South of the River East of the highway and noticed a hole flush in the ground a little bigger than a manhole cover. I didnt get too close to the edge but it looked to be quite deep, and very near to an old homesite.

I told the WRD about it and they just finished flagging it off and filling it in with some trees. It turned out to be 20 feet deep.

I have heard guys here mention an open well on the Sperin tract at Mcgraw Ford, does anybody know about that? If you know of any of these hazardous sites on public ground contact the WRD they were very responsive. We should try to get these sites flagged off, someone or there kid easily could have fallen into this, especially walking to a stand in the dark

Alexander

Its been at least 2-3 years but I want to say the one on Sperin has been marked with flagging tape. Now whether that was from a hunter or WRD I am not sure, but i do remember tape around it when i was shown where it was.

naaron

Can you give a general idea of where it is on that tract? I know theres an old homesite up the logging road on the ridge but can’t say I’ve walked it thoroughly