Academy sports new rules on AR accessories

rosewood

keep trading at these large retail stores and enjoy your purchase,but remember its the little man that made this country.try to support him chances are he will know you by name,and will know from self taught experience what he is selling you.some of these clerks at these larger stores are there for a pay check only,could care less about a CUSTOMER or what they are selling,support your local GUN SHOP THEY KNOW AND APPRECIATE YOU
Not always. I know some local gun shops that will take your money without a conscience and could care less about the customer. There are some that are merely business men using firearms to make money, not really firearm enthusiast.. Way overpriced and serious markup. Some had ridiculous price gouging during covid. I tend to stay from those shops now. Some do care, some don't.

Rosewood

groundhawg

keep trading at these large retail stores and enjoy your purchase,but remember its the little man that made this country.try to support him chances are he will know you by name,and will know from self taught experience what he is selling you.some of these clerks at these larger stores are there for a pay check only,could care less about a CUSTOMER or what they are selling,support your local GUN SHOP THEY KNOW AND APPRECIATE YOU
Support the little man....hum. If shopping at a "big box" store your are still supporting the little man/woman as it is local folks who work there and their paychecks are then supporting local buissness in the area. Just as likely to have a clerk at the local gun store who could care less about you as you are to find at the large store. Owners well a different story, but their workers, might not care about you either.

Robert28

Not always. I know some local gun shops that will take your money without a conscience and could care less about the customer. There are some that are merely business men using firearms to make money, not really firearm enthusiast.. Way overpriced and serious markup. Some had ridiculous price gouging during covid. I tend to stay from those shops now. Some do care, some don't.

Rosewood
Yeah I don’t mind buying local but there’s only a couple local non-chain gun places I’ll consider doing business with. It’s hard to buy a gun for $200 more than I can go on the internet and order in 5 mins and save $200.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Yeah I don’t mind buying local but there’s only a couple local non-chain gun places I’ll consider doing business with. It’s hard to buy a gun for $200 more than I can go on the internet and order in 5 mins and save $200.
don't forget the local guy had to pay shipping to get it there so that's $50+ on a pistol in some cases. Does your local store charge you when you buy from them for the 4473 stuff? Another 30+ minutes if you don't have a concealed carry...he now has to hand enter it on the NICS site I think or call it in...not sure how SC does that...you did get what you didn't want to pay the $200 for by the time you pay freight and the transfer fees on the gun you had shipped to them.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Few smaller store give discounts. Starting with a 5-10% higher price plus any markup for less volume is tough on already pricey items.

bullgator

Support the little man....hum. If shopping at a "big box" store your are still supporting the little man/woman as it is local folks who work there and their paychecks are then supporting local buissness in the area. Just as likely to have a clerk at the local gun store who could care less about you as you are to find at the large store. Owners well a different story, but their workers, might not care about you either.
I agree with a lot of what you say. LGSs can can be great or apathetic ripoffs. Big box stores generally have employees a little less knowledgeable about firearms and accessories, so knowing what you want beforehand is often necessary at “big box” stores. That said, my biggest issue with them is the guiding management is most likely in another state and don’t understand politics and local consumers, especially in the firearms market.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Few smaller store give discounts. Starting with a 5-10% higher price plus any markup for less volume is tough on already pricey items.
they don't get the same price that Bud's or some of the bigger stores get either. And to top it off if they aren't able to get into a buying group they can't get stuff other bigger stores get. The suppliers will ship it to the bigger store ahead of them.

a LGS is a pretty rough business to be in from the way it is allocated

Last edited:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
they don't get the same price that Bud's or some of the bigger stores get either. And to top it off if they aren't able to get into a buying group they can't get stuff other bigger stores get. The suppliers will ship it to the bigger store ahead of them.

a LGS is a pretty rough business to be in from they way it is allocated
That makes sense. I‘m aware of their need for biz. When I buy range time I’ll often make a purchase. Won’t be a big ticket item.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Take the small business I own for example. Lowe's and I have a similar product. The one Lowe's has... has a plastic part in a place where the one I buy has a metal part. The both have the same part # and theirs is in a plastic view pack where mine is boxed. Lowe's is able to sell the item for less than what I am able to purchase it for.

which one will you buy? did you get the deal you think you got? The one with the plastic part averages a 5 year life...the one I sell probably has a 15 year life. You might have to buy 3 of theirs to make it.

yes, I understand the gun is the same. where will you have it sent when that LGS closes and turns in all of your forms?

I still want to know if it is close to Easter....since this a 2.5 year old resurrection;)