500 acres Daviess County MO

Jim Boyd

If I could figure out the lodging without having to use a motel I would be in

I sleep in a guys horse barn that has a small apartment in it.

Be creative.

Def not poking you ? but there are 3 kinds of folks in the world:

Those that make it happen

Those that stand there and watch it happen

Those that stand around wondering what the heck just happened.

Lions… not sheep!

Jim Boyd

I see a ton of funnels and inside corners.

Please, please, please put a fake deer 20 yards out in a field before daylight and hunt timber edge. Basically any time in early November. Sit down, strap in and hold on!!!!!!

slow motion

Just saw this. Great chance for somebody to not only hunt with a couple legendary forum members but get in on a fabulous looking lease. Thought I would ask a couple questions for those who might be concerned about lodging.
Is it an option to pull a camper in for the season? If so would there be access to electricity? Water? Is there somewhere nearby to dump their holding tank? Or is there a toilet in a barn somewhere they could use? Other than the obvious extra cost of electricity would there be additional fees for this?
As far as work, all hunting requires work, such as hanging stands, etc. would you have required work days or how would that be set up as most on this forum live quite some distance away.
All I could think of off the top of my head.
Good luck everybody. Can't wait to see the pics of hands on antlers.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Just saw this. Great chance for somebody to not only hunt with a couple legendary forum members but get in on a fabulous looking lease. Thought I would ask a couple questions for those who might be concerned about lodging.
Is it an option to pull a camper in for the season? If so would there be access to electricity? Water? Is there somewhere nearby to dump their holding tank? Or is there a toilet in a barn somewhere they could use? Other than the obvious extra cost of electricity would there be additional fees for this?
As far as work, all hunting requires work, such as hanging stands, etc. would you have required work days or how would that be set up as most on this forum live quite some distance away.

Thanks Slow...

Opportunity to bring in a camper and most likely able to tie in for water and electricity. 2 campers there now tied in. All members live a out of state with me being the closest at 6.5 hours. Try to schedule stand hanging late in summer every year, but work gets down anytime.

Legendary :bounce: :rofl:

Jim Boyd

Superb questions.

jcooley380

Superb questions.
Hi Guys and Gals,
I'm the third member of this trio (trio as of now) and wanted to expand on the camper question. As far as somewhere to dump holding tank we don't have that luxury, I mostly just use the woods, but there is a state campground maybe 15 miles or so away where you could go to dump or do like the landowner does with the camper he owns there that Gary and JT stay in and use one of the portable dump tanks.
I think that covers the main questions asked and I will say it is a beautiful farm with every kind of habitat you can imagine and access trails everywhere. Hopefully we have worked out some of the kinks from the first year there with the landowner and kin folks running ape wild during gun season. JT has already covered this topic.
Lastly I will say that you couldn't ask for better people to hunt with in Gary and JT, just two great guys with a strong deer hunting passion and the love for life. We had some great times this year sitting around the camp fire and breaking bread together.