Ahi Tuna Steak.. Finally

Big7

The Oracle
Finally got time and I was so OCD about not overcooking it, I forgot the plated pic. facepalm:

Ahi Tuna Steak- touch of Everglades
Shrimp Scampi- butter, fresh pressed garlic
touch of Old Bay
Yellow Squash
Green Zucchini
Baked Potato- butter and sour cream.
Tea.

Y'all know by now, I'm definitely not a photographer and with a cell phone at that.
Looked and tasted good. ?
20220602_205440.jpg20220602_210415.jpg

shea900

Man that is a pretty hunk of Tuna!

Big7

The Oracle
This is in the house freezer. 5 packs.
Two more singles thawed in the fridge for tonight or tomorrow.
Plenty more in the stash.

Never ran across that brand and I normally don't buy expensive fish if it's been frozen if I can help it.

But.. I sliced off a few pieces of Sashimi. It's firm and tasted just like fresh Sashimi/Sushi ? ?
Virtually no water content. Smooth as silk.
20220602_225009.jpg20220602_225004.jpg

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Love that stuff. And I would much rather buy flash-frozen seafood than "fresh," unless you can smell saltwater from your porch. The frozen will be much fresher than that chunk of fish that's been hauled hundreds or thousands of miles and been sitting around for a week.

Big7

The Oracle
Love that stuff. And I would much rather buy flash-frozen seafood than "fresh," unless you can smell saltwater from your porch. The frozen will be much fresher than that chunk of fish that's been hauled hundreds or thousands of miles and been sitting around for a week.

I've seen tv where Cod and Pollack (sp) factory ships dress and freeze them so fast, their nerves are still twitching on the conveyor. ?

Big7

The Oracle
I saw the first picture and thought that's perfectly cooked, then I saw the second one and you rurnt it ::ke:.

Looks like a fine meal.
I did a little Sashimi. It was good.
Need to stop and get some Sushi rice, seaweed and Wasabi.

Just wanted to make sure it was safe.
I'm not dead 18 hours later.. So, I think we good.

But.. I am like you. Premium Tuna, Salmon and a few more of the fancy fishes need to be et' raw.
?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I did a little Sashimi. It was good.
Need to stop and get some Sushi rice, seaweed and Wasabi.

Just wanted to make sure it was safe.
I'm not dead 18 hours later.. So, I think we good.

But.. I am like you. Premium Tuna, Salmon and a few more of the fancy fishes need to be et' raw.
?
If you have an Ingle's nearby, you can get sashimi grade ahi at a decent price at the seafood counter.

Big7

The Oracle
If you have an Ingle's nearby, you can get sashimi grade ahi at a decent price at the seafood counter.
There is an Ingles about 15 miles from me in Loganville.

I get some from Publix sometimes in a pinch.
Two LARGE Farmers Markets within a reasonable distance. They always have good, fresh stuff no matter if protein, produce or whatever. They even have seasonal "live" fish and other critters.

Nobody speaks good English. You point to what you want, hold up fingers for how many pounds and then point to a sign with numbers indicating how you want it cut. Or, you can take it home as is.

I got a box today and if I get done before 4pm tomorrow, I'm going to the UPS Store and ship your goodies. To dang tired today. ?

If not, Monday for sure, so be looking.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Looks good and I don’t even like tuna

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good and I don’t even like tuna
I am absolutely disgusted by canned tuna, but fresh tuna steak is one of the best things on this planet. If you've never tried fresh tuna, only the boiled canned catfood variety, you're in for a big surprise.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Yeah Buddy!!!!!