Ak 47

mikelogg

I Am Looking To Buy A Ak 47.will Some Of You Guys That Have Used Them Share Some Info. With Me.i Know There Are Many Types .where Is A Good Supplier. Your Opinion Would Be Greatly Appricated.

Duck

Here is a good link with a lot of AK47 info. http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/wasrwell.htm#top The left side of the web page has links about different models and everything from field stripping to bolt disassembly and furniture removal(stock and forearm).:shoot: I have the SAR-1 with 10rd and 30rd clip I purchased new about a year and half ago. I'm not sure what the current prices are, but my local gunshop at that time was selling them for around $329. I ordered mine without knowing this and including the FFL transfer fee I had about $339 in mine.

Inatree

Buy a cheap one, they are just as tough and dependable as the expensive ones and lets face it, you will not find an accurate AK at any price, I have a Hungarian SA85 in my collection which is considered a high end AK but it is no better than a SAR1.

CRANEMAN

Inatree Is Right. Get A Cheap One, They May Not Be As Fancy But You Can Drop It In The Mud In The Morning, Hose It Off That Afternoon And It Will Shoot As Good As A High End One As Soon As You Dry It Off. (this Actually Hasn't Been Tested By Me) If You Find Out Later That You Don't Like It You Didn't Dump 800 Bucks In It. Ak47.net Is A Good Place To Start

chiggerbait

I built my own AK from a surplus parts kit that included all the major parts. I bought a Hungarian AMD65 which was a military AK used by tank crews so it had a folding stock and short barrel. These guns are cut down through the receiver and sold as parts. You can buy a completed receiver or bend one yourself. I bought a completed receiver to build on. You have to have like 8 US parts to make it legal here in the USA so I used the receiver as one, replaced the trigger group which counted as three parts i believe, an extended muzzle brake, pistol grip, magazine follower, and gas tube. Was a lot of work because I riveted mine but you can use the screw method. Got a lot of satisfaction doing it myself. Lots of fun to shoot too.

Attachments

• Bryan's GRADUATION 048 (Small) (Small).jpg
    Bryan's GRADUATION 048 (Small) (Small).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 199

firebiker

have you considered a Mini 30 ?
It shoots the same caliber bullet (7.62) as a AK
it's American Made :flag:
definitly more accurate, you can get 10, 20 and 30 rd clips for it also.:shoot:
easy to clean and a good looking firearm.

Duck

CRANEMAN said:
Inatree Is Right. Get A Cheap One, They May Not Be As Fancy But You Can Drop It In The Mud In The Morning, Hose It Off That Afternoon And It Will Shoot As Good As A High End One As Soon As You Dry It Off. (this Actually Hasn't Been Tested By Me) If You Find Out Later That You Don't Like It You Didn't Dump 800 Bucks In It. Ak47.net Is A Good Place To Start
Yeap...:clap:

mikelogg

I Have A Mini 14 Ranch .223 And All The Hi Cap Mags I Have Bought Are No Good.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
mikelogg said:
I Have A Mini 14 Ranch .223 And All The Hi Cap Mags I Have Bought Are No Good.

Mike I have heard similar complaints on other boards. From what I hear (not owning one) the ONLY mags that are reliable are Ruger mags and the high end after market stuff. Cheap ones are expensive, and expensive ones are cheap!

T

mikelogg

I Have Asked Every Gun Shop I Have Ever Been In About Mini High Caps.none Have Any Or Can Get Any.

Inatree

mikelogg said:
I Have Asked Every Gun Shop I Have Ever Been In About Mini High Caps.none Have Any Or Can Get Any.

Ruger refuses to produce or sell high caps for thier mini rifles. The Ruger mini rifles are pretty unreliable IMO and cant be compared to AKs in that respect. Honestly I would take a cheap SKS over a Ruger mini in a heartbeat.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Ruger, according to some, and one writer in particular, would gladly sell out their citizen business if the .gov asked them to.

T

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
mikelogg said:
I Am Looking To Buy A Ak 47.will Some Of You Guys That Have Used Them Share Some Info. With Me.i Know There Are Many Types .where Is A Good Supplier. Your Opinion Would Be Greatly Appricated.

I have owned several throught the years, The 2 best was a Global Trades SSR-99, and a Krebs AK101. Vector makes a fine AK clone, if you can find one. They are fine robust rifles that are pretty accurate if you take the time to adjust the sights properly and not just "spray and pray". Reliable as heck, you can shoot thousands of rounds through it, wipe it down throw it in the back of the closet, pull it out 6 months later and it will fire. Get one you will enjoy it.