Your thoughts about a potential purchase

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
That Kroll guy works good. Did your offer drop or did you stick with your original offer since they took a while to respond ?
I know the $ is going to the elderly Mom/Widow so I didn't come back with dropping it a couple hundred. That might have delayed it even longer.

BriarPatch99

The trimmer can be saved ... My trimmer was almost that bad after a small tornado crushed my reloading shed in the '70s... I didn't realize rain had gotten to it ... but it cleaned up rather well ....not perfect but very useful...

Several products with remove the rust and paint will put it back to use...

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
My focus will be on the Dies. They all have some form of rust. Light surface rust on the outside to moderate.
Maybe 3 or 4 have some inside the sizer die.
They all got a coating of Ballistol yesterday and today I am going to wire wheel the outsides and 0000 steel wool the insides.
The wooden handles from foam paint brushes make a perfect dowel to chuck in a drill. They have a slot built in to get some steel wool in there too.
20230509_181242.jpg20230509_181248.jpg

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I'd drop the dies in the tumbler for a good while... be surprised how fast they clean up
I have been putting the chamfer tools, primer pocket tools, shell holders etc in the tumbler. You are right they clean up nicely in there.
I may eventually do some dies in there also.
I got 10 sets polished inside and wire wheeled outside today. Luckily the insides were not as bad as the outsides so far. After using steel wool and Kroil on the inside I blasted them out with brake parts cleaner, then used a cotton chamber mop lighly coated with silicone to swab the inside, then I sprayed some silicone on everything and wiped it down before assembling.

transfixer

I've used IMR 4320 and 4350 , I don't remember off top of my head which one I ended up getting the best groups with, I'd have to look at my log book, I can do that later this evening, all my .243 loads are for my early 80's Ruger M77

transfixer

better hang on to that 4320...it is no more. I only have 1#

I think I have a couple pounds ? , I was buying up stuff back before Covid, I need to reorganize my reloading room, as I've got stuff I've bought still in boxes and haven't put up, haven't loaded anything in quite a while,

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Finally got to go thru all of the powder. I was most concerned about most of it being opened r in such old containers that moisture can seep through.
These are unopened in goood plastic containers.
20230522_135216.jpg