Alaskan Halibut

ryork

The wife and I spent the last 12 days or so in Alaska. I did a halibut trip in Cooks Inlet one day while in the Kenai area. Caught a bunch of fish and slap wore me out! Was intrigued by the “tractor launch”. Basically a pulpwood skidder hooks up to your trailer, drags you in the ocean, a young lady rides the back of the thing out and unlocks everything, and off you go. Repeat the process upon return. Have about 40 lbs of halibut and cod filets waiting for us when we get home tomorrow. We actually flew from Anchorage to Nashville yesterday and are seeing our kids before heading out tomorrow.

4153870E-D8DB-4ECF-926E-6328C98F6078.jpeg26C26CFE-3C4C-4595-94A4-F00C12495DEA.jpegB88780E4-8546-402E-B2EB-1A5E496B6391.jpeg7C4AFDF2-EDAF-48BA-BE00-778918AF47BD.jpegB5E3E93C-C6ED-46DA-BD4B-D31169DDCF11.jpeg

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
That looks like an awesome trip!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Can't wait to see what goodies you come up with those in the Cafe... gonna go ahead and buy a replacement screen as I'll surely bite more than one hole in the one I've got.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Heck yeah man! What a trip!

slow motion

Looks like it was a fantastic trip brother. Love to do that one day.

Gaswamp

never was a fun fish for to catch but one of the most tastiest

pjciii

I was wondering if you share a percentage of your catch with the Captain or just monetarily tip them.

ryork

never was a fun fish for to catch but one of the most tastiest

The surroundings and company definitely made it fun. There were four guys from Montana, a father, son, and both grandfathers there for the young ones graduation gift. And another guy who lives in Alaska who somehow happened to know some folks I used to work with as we’re in the same general profession. I enjoyed catching them, but it was a little like work at times, was sore the next day.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that is awesome, and something I have always wanted to do myself.

ryork

We went out of Ketchikan. We caught Halibut, Cod, Rockfish and some weird looking trash fish they called a Ratfish

I was hoping to get a rockfish as well but didn’t. We had a few sharks and some ghoulish looking critter that I can’t remember the name of.