Allatoona Report - 6-8 thru 6-12 PIC HEAVY!

Rick_Shoup

Lake level - Full pool
Water Clarity - Clear
Surface Temp - 84+ degrees

Out on several trips this week and the striper/hybrid fishing has been very good! The bite is strongest in the early morning. Focus on main lake points & pockets in the 25ft to 40 feet depth zone from Galt's Ferry to the dam. Surface activity will be your clue. Use down-lines & free-lines with threadfin shad or small gizzard shad 18ft to all the way on the bottom (pay attention to how deep the fish are on your graph then set your bait at that level). The usual mid-lake areas have been producing good numbers and the bite will only get better.

The late bite (last couple hours of daylight) is pretty good too. You can catch a bunch of white bass around the Illinois Creek area throwing Rooster Tails and small Rattle Traps.

Here are a few pics from the past week.
I hope y'all catch em good!

Rick

Attachments

• A5---.jpg
    A5---.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 766
  • A6---.jpg
    A6---.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 767
  • A7---.jpg
    A7---.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 761
  • A10---.jpg
    A10---.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 768
  • A8---.jpg
    A8---.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 763
  • A9.jpg
    A9.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 800
  • A4---.jpg
    A4---.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 754
  • A2---.jpg
    A2---.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 769
  • A-1.png
    A-1.png
    290.6 KB · Views: 764
  • A3---.jpg
    A3---.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 761
  • A9---.jpg
    A9---.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 729

brianj

Great report. Thanks
I took my son and some friends out yesterday and caught 6, but action was slow. Started at Kellog and water about an hour there before we headed further south like you said and found a few.
Appreciate the reports!

Trapnfish

Thanks for the report! I wish we could have used your report to help us on the lake yesterday but at our usual bait catching spots we would only net baby shad. So then we couldn't fish.

Last edited:

Cletus T.

Great report and excellent pictures man. A lot of smiles in those pics which tells the story!!!

Thanks for sharing it with us!