ALONE

K80Shooter

For anyone who wondered, a woman finally won on alone.
Not one of the best shows/seasons. IMHO

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories

Just watched the first episode of season 11

I have always liked the show. Seems like some good contestants this season. Interesting terrain, and based off the previews it looks like some big game is in play.

Cool Hand Luke

For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories

Just watched the first episode of season 11

I have always liked the show. Seems like some good contestants this season. Interesting terrain, and based off the previews it looks like some big game is in play.
Yea, I might last a week in that cold. Not to mention the grizzlies and wolves :oops:

bullgator

Are we going to nominate a GON member for consideration on a future season?
Before anyone asks, I’m not available that year!

Gbr5pb

I would like to go stay in the prerelease camp wall tent wood heater and outhouse! No desire to starve and freeze but would be nice to see

bighonkinjeep

I don't see the reason to do it unless it is for personal reasons. Just like naked and afraid.
$500,000 is a pretty powerful motivator. Naked and Afraid aint even close. No cameraman constantly there, nobody with a big game rifle just out of the shot. No medics to stitch you up or.provide anti parisitics so you can continue. Theres a huge difference in the degree of self reliance required.
That said, Alone definitely is a lot closer to something I might have attempted as.a much younger man.
Got the newest episode on DVR gonna have to check it out.

bighonkinjeep

Gonna have to watch it. I sure wish I could turn back time about 45 years and give it a try up there where they are this season.
They're in the Canadian North 125 miles above the artic circle. Mackenzie river delta.
Traditional teritory of the Gwich'in peoples. Drop day temps in the 40s but it looks like its gonna be getting sho nuff cold.

DannyW

It's not the same show that it was the first year or two, but I have watched every season and don't think I'll stop now. Still a good show, one of the very few that isn't scripted.

DannyW

$500,000 is a pretty powerful motivator. Naked and Afraid aint even close. No cameraman constantly there, nobody with a big game rifle just out of the shot. No medics to stitch you up or.provide anti parisitics so you can continue. Theres a huge difference in the degree of self reliance required.
That said, Alone definitely is a lot closer to something I might have attempted as.a much younger man.
Got the newest episode on DVR gonna have to check it out.

The blurring of people's privates drives me nuts on N&A. For christ sakes, just go ahead and put them in bikinis and swim trunks!!! facepalm:

Can't watch it anyway, too scripted.

K80Shooter

Some of the participants make me glad that they blur their parts, like this seasons male/she half trans.

K80Shooter

There is a transvestite? Which one?
Terra Shorts from the N&A site:

Terra Short (Naked and Afraid Season 14 and Naked and Afraid: Solo contestant) made history as the first trans woman to embark on the show's 21-day challenge in 2022.

Terra is ready to make another historic run alongside 11 other cast members. The only difference is Terra will not be alone, unlike last time (Terra's partner exited the show after Day 2 in Season 14).

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Terra Shorts from the N&A site:

Terra Short (Naked and Afraid Season 14 and Naked and Afraid: Solo contestant) made history as the first trans woman to embark on the show's 21-day challenge in 2022.

Terra is ready to make another historic run alongside 11 other cast members. The only difference is Terra will not be alone, unlike last time (Terra's partner exited the show after Day 2 in Season 14).
OK, so not on Alone? I thought that all the contestants seemed solid on this season of Alone. I don’t know anything about NaA. My guess is that on Alone you have to be mentally strong to win; or last more than a few days.

K80Shooter

OK, so not on Alone? I thought that all the contestants seemed solid on this season of Alone. I don’t know anything about NaA. My guess is that on Alone you have to be mentally strong to win; or last more than a few days.
I should have quoted DannyW's post as he mentioned Naked & Afraid in his post # 131.

K80Shooter

Terra is a dude and I aint calling it anything other than confused weirdo.
I have a few things that I would call it, but I'd get banned.

Bigbendgyrene

Definitely been an Alone fan since season one though I didn't enjoy them trying to mix things up after a few years when they had pairs together, and ABSOLUTELY HATED the "Alone Australia" show that basically deserved capital letter spelling of being a WOKE offering, and a darn shame as I would have enjoyed seeing viable/experienced folks toughing it out in the vastly different environment (much more like Georgia/Florida swampland than the arctic circle) though I suspect viable challengers could have lived almost indefinitely there if they had known what they were doing.

That is one thing the brutal cold manages to do -- keep folks from prospering too easily for too long, so I understand why they do it.

Note related to those who watch Naked and Afraid, I don't typically watch and maybe have seen 2 or 3 episodes... but(t)... sometime back had YouTube suggest knife channel of Melissa Miller... will give her this, definitely not the toughest channel to watch. ;)

Latest posts